Weapons modification issue needing help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons modification issue needing help please

I am starting my modding with BF2, I am working on strictly personal use mods for my self pleasure.

I have my mod and it shows up along with the changes I made (basically increased mag size and mag numbers) I see them in my mod folder have opened the editor and also a text editor showing the changes but when I launch the actual game the default weapon without the modifications shows up, in this case the M203

I would appreciate any/all advice as their is very limited documentations in regard to what does what

Thanks

Grandpa Troll

Re: Weapons modification issue needing help please

Ok, where do I start? First you probably have a false dc screener in the mod file. Secondly, you have not initialized the mod beta decoder which won't even let you begin to play with your mod.

Fix that and we'll talk.

Comment

ok

I have uninstalled everything

now

lets "start" by what a false dc screener is?

second

a mod beta decoder..??

Ill launch the editor and see if I can find these that you suggest

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

what r u trying to do with the m203, i hope ur not making it a fully auto noob cannon!

Comment

when ya put it that way, well NO..lol
          I am merely trying to increase magazine capacity to say 5o rounds (I am a vet and we used to tape 2 clips together and flip them) also trying to increase the number of projectiles available from (I believe 4 to 8) and having 2 extra clips of these

Thats all really

Any help would be appreciated heck surely I am not the only person to have to star out at ground zero

:laugh:

Comment

Your changed files must be in your mod's .zip files (use the package mod feature of the editor).

You may also need to alter a few .con files in the root directory of your mod. The serverarchives.con in particular. Make sure that that file mounts your mod's files before it mounts the game's objects_server.zip. I recall something about the editor reversing the order so that any file you make changes to would be ignored. Whatever .zip file mounted first is the one that will be used if the same file exists in other archives mounted after.

"The Creepa" is just pulling your leg and making a joke by typing jibberish nonsense.

Comment

I thought well creepa is just paying me bak for what I done to other people in past..lol..:evil:

Ok

Now Ill go back and play around to see if I can find what your talking about..

One thing about BF2 is you cant actually "see" all the necessary files..

bear with old gramps da gaming geezer for a moment please, when you say "mount" umm..you mean the objects go "after" or in a subfolder of the server?
              or elswise how would "I" tell the mod where to look?

I saw where you "package" the mod up..

a bit more different than old Rogue Spear and SWAT Modding here

I appreciate the help and rest asssured I wont be doing a bunch just trying to get a grip on this

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

I am wondering, since I am not playing online why couldnt I simply not make a mod and just alter the base file?

if this whole process of rewiring the light bulb is messed up because the schematics are wrong (the editor not reading as it should) wouldnt it be easier in my case to simply mod the original files?

just asking

this "mounting reference" I hope I get

I just turned the server archive into a zip, I hope thats what you meant

I am going to remove from the BF2 the server archive so that it looks in my mod file first

if not Ill simply reinstall it

Let me go now and see if I done any good

Ill post back

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaTroll
                  I am wondering, since I am not playing online why couldnt I simply not make a mod and just alter the base file?

if this whole process of rewiring the light bulb is messed up because the schematics are wrong (the editor not reading as it should) wouldnt it be easier in my case to simply mod the original files?

just asking

this "mounting reference" I hope I get

I just turned the server archive into a zip, I hope thats what you meant

I am going to remove from the BF2 the server archive so that it looks in my mod file first

if not Ill simply reinstall it

Let me go now and see if I done any good

Ill post back
                  I couldnt even launch game when I removed the server archive from my bf2 base file

so i reinstalled game launch then CTD

Ill uninstall eveything

get a fresh start

uno mas time

I shall not be discouraged for modding is but a walk with no necessary waypoint defined..just objectives to complete..eventually:cry:

Comment

Just curious

I wanted all my weapons unlocked for sp..so I am usually the unpatched version..good old vanilla BF2.along with the unlocked and altered file you cant use in MP.does anyone know if the editor requires the use the latest versions of the patch?

Just asking so as to not keep spinning me wheels

Gramps:hi:

Comment

Thanks to all!

Eureka and Shazamm!!

Ok

Creepa while pulling me leg ya dislodged my Jethro Muscle and then Rexman with alerting me to ziping it up

I played with it all da live long day

Then

I thought..why not d/l another mod and see how the professional's do it

Sure enough..I was not even close..

but now I am right on:hi: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :yay: :rock: :banana: :nod:

Ok

I was like missing about 5 files per weapon nothing serious:hmm:

Thanks fer the help one and all

Off to do me personal fun stuff

Gramps da gaming geezer Troll

Comment

Hi, if you don't want play online anymore the easyest way to mod your game is:

1. extract your .../battlefield 2/mods/Objects_server.zip to any location of your PC
                        2. go to the root of the new created Folder and remove in the Properties-menu (rightClick) the WriteProtection of All Files and Folders recursively
                        3. Now you can edit the .con or .tweak files directly with an text-editor (maybe notepad)

for the M203: Weapons\Handheld\USRIF_M203\USRIF_M203.tweak

4. now copy the file back to the Objects_server.zip (maybe by drag and drop)

if you made no mistake the game should still work , but beware , you can not play online anymore

The BF2 Editor is not so suitable for quick and easy game modifications , its good for mapping and effects-tweaking and grater projects , but its also still a little buggy

mfg

Comment

thanks

i will remember this

Comment

Working...
                          X