Random Disconnects with Wireless Router Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Disconnects with Wireless Router Fixed

Looks like I figured it out for random diconnects in BF 2 with a wireless connection.
    Don't use the windows software! Install the software for the wireless that comes with your card and disable the Wireless Zero Configuration service.
    It appears to check the network every minute or so which causes this spike in pings.
    Goto you administrative tools in control paneland under services disable Wireless Zero Configuration service. Hope this helps alot of people out.

Re: Random Disconnects with Wireless Router Fixed

Mines always been disabled.

Comment

Same here, and I still get randomly disconnected...

Comment

never had a disconnect on my wireless router signal strength is always good- excellent. When it drops to very low thats when the problems start for me

Comment

What do you guys use for wireless routers. I am using the D-link DI-624 revision c. with the pci wireless car airplus extreme. I have also changed the router channel from 6 to 11.

Comment

D-Link G604T with an integrated Intel 2200BG, all in a nice BenQ Joybook 7000, I just ditched the wireless and now I use the wired lan, it gives me way better ping.

Comment

Originally posted by halo_gps
              D-Link G604T with an integrated Intel 2200BG, all in a nice BenQ Joybook 7000, I just ditched the wireless and now I use the wired lan, it gives me way better ping.
              man that intel 2200BG sux ass. personally i dont like gaming wirelessly. hard line is the way to go for me.

Comment

Working...
              X