noob pilot here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob pilot here

dont want to sound like a big bh whore but how do you hover helis without hitting stuff and rolling over? I just cant seem to figure it out. I really suck at piloting but am seeking to get a lot better

Re: noob pilot here

You can't really be told how to do it, the best thing is to find an empty server (never practise on a server with a game going on as u'll just **** everyone off) with heli's on and practice, eventually u'll get the hang of it. Start of in a transport heli as their easier to fly and once you get the hang of them you shouldn't have any trouble with attack heli's.

Comment

Try turning the sensitivity down for helicopters in the controls options menu.
      I was getting an occasional roll / loss of control before but it is harder to steer and therefore easier to hover now. (Only down to 2.5 or something instead of 3.0)

As the post said above practice.
      Also go to F10 mode when someone else (who's good obviously ) is flying. That should help you see the little movements.

Comment

Practice in singleplayer. If you want to hover just fly straight at a flag descend, pull the nose up a bit and after that press ascend once in a while to maintain height, but remember to come in a straight line, after a few days flying hovering and turning, taking of in a curve and so on wont be a problem. Best is 2 practice by setting up a LAN in multiplayer, no new players, minimum spawn time, and no other players. After a while go singleplayer, and when you feel like flying go multi.

Comment

nuff said now go practice!!!

Comment

GET A JOYSTICK! flying with a keybord is stupid!

Comment

do NOT use a joystick on a helo if you cannot already fly

Comment

Mouse+Keyboard ftw IMO
                10 minutes on an empty server and you should be set.

Comment

Originally posted by XM DUDE
                  GET A JOYSTICK! flying with a keybord is stupid!
                  Flying a chopper with a joystick is suicidal and counter productive. What good is pulling back on your joystick gonna do when your a chopper...

Comment

Originally posted by MassKiller
                    Flying a chopper with a joystick is suicidal and counter productive. What good is pulling back on your joystick gonna do when your a chopper...
                    Actually after some practice i'm getting to where i can fly pretty well with a stick. A lot depends on what stick you have, and thinking ahead. I just think of the chopper as a counter-balence weight and try to remember that response isn't instant. I do love the precise throttle control on the stick as well.

Comment

u should try to limit ur throttle to about 50% or more and be perfectly level...but the problem with hovering in this game is that u can get shot down so easily...what i llike doing i flying in circles around a flag and let my gunnerse do the work

Comment

I use a joystick and that is how I get most of my points by capping flags with a Helicopter.

Comment

Control preference varries significantly between players when it comes to flying the planes and helicopters. Personally, I favor the keyboard for flying helicopters because it gives you more control of your movements and allows you to imput precise movements faster than any other control style (mouse or joystick). In order to use the keyboard you have to have fast fingers and a good sense of the aircraft's capabilities. It is therefore that I would advise you, as others have above, to practice flying using mouse + keyboard, keyboard, or joystick in singleplayer mode or in unranked servers. If you still have trouble after a little pratice, try watching some videos of helicopters flying and read some info on how helos behave and react to a pilots imputs in real life. Then a visualization of the chopper's capabilities will emerge and make it a little easier to pilot without crashing into trees and tipping over.

Comment

Originally posted by MassKiller
                            I've been flying with a joystick since 2003 (DC and now BF2), and have no complaints whatsoever.

Comment

i bought a joystick for this game and learning how to fly, but i never could get the hang of it. i personally like mouse/keyboard for helo's. joystick seems too sensitive.

for mouse/keyboard helo users, i messed with sensitivity, did you change your yaw and pitch? thanks.

as far a the jets, how high do you set your throttle? i either put it too high and i zoom past my target or too low and i end up stalling or losing power and hitting the ground/water/tree/building/mountain. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X