Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN's and Battlefield 2

Hello,
    I was wondering whether anyone knowledgable about battlefield 2 and LAN's could help me out. I have a LAN which i play games on with some friends but was wondering whether or not i was going to play bf2 on a LAN, so i tried and discovered that whenever my Local Area connection is enabled the links to start bf2 "Start Bf2" and "Play BF2 online" are grey when my LAN is enabled and when i click on them the black screen right beofre the EA logo comes up is not responding. My McAfee firewall allows Battlefield 2 to have "Full access" and so does windows firewall. I'm thinking this is a realtivley easy answer since the text turns grey only when my LAN is enabled. Also i can play the game fine when my LAN is not on. Could someone who has a LAN or know what they are talking about help me out?
    btw tgif
    ACT tomorrow

Re: LAN's and Battlefield 2

Haha, well your problem is you have two firewalls running. That causes huge issues. Either McAfee or Windows Firewall, not both. Disable Windows Firewall.

Also how is your network setup? Do you have dual ethernet adapters on your computer? Is it just a single router? Or a router and a gateway?

Comment

Yes, we'll need to know a LITTLE more about your network setup.

I mean, I have a LAN and have no problems playing on 1 or 2 computer simutaneously online or across the LAN. But I don't have to 'turn my LAN on' or anything

Comment

I mean "enable in network connections" i turn it on and off, i could leave it on i guess. Anyways, i do not have interbet running through my router. I have a 802.11g and one computer is wired w/ CAT5 and the other computer is wireless. Windows Firewall says Battlefield 2 is an "exception" because i made it one and McAfee says under internet applications that BF2 can run. Now i onyl have 56k and it is connected directly into my computer, but why would i need a 56k internet connection when i can LAN with my friends at 100 Mbps with a ping of 0 or 1 ? My other games like jedi knight and halo work over a LAN no problem. So theres some information, and both of our computers are in the same workgroup. Hm, so you guys didn't have any problems, maybe i stumped EA because they still haven't gave me an answer either, although they did email me an ad afterwords.

Comment

Try forwarding port 16567 to the PC serving up the game?

Comment

Hm? What do you mean? I cannot get into the game while my LAn is enabled, like the game will "not respond."

Comment

Access your router's port forwarding screen (sometimes called Virtual Server settings or something like that) and add a line to forward port 16567 to the internal IP address of the computer that is hosting the game on your LAN.

Tell me the name/model of your router that connects your PCs together in your LAN and I should be able to walk you through it.

Comment

Working...
              X