Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to eliminate "Game will start when..." message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to eliminate "Game will start when..." message?

I've been practicing my BF2 flying skills by setting up a "local server" game on my PC and buzzing around the maps. However, since I am the only player, I have to look at the "Game will start when..." message all the time. Any way to make it disappear?

I've tried setting up "1" player LAN games. I also tried running BF2 on a another computer on my own home LAN to act as server, but whenever I try to connect to the game from my primary PC, I get an instant CTD (which I assume is due to both PCs using the same registered version of BF2?).

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- Dasharatha

Re: Any way to eliminate "Game will start when..." message?

Play on single player, there is a few maps with a heli on them. This way you can practis shooting moving things too! A few maps that come to mind are : dragon valley, dalian plant. There is others with them on too, not sure which though.

Comment

I have also been practicing both ways. Once I got the basics in the server the local server. I went to the single player which helped out a bunch. I then had stuff to shoot at.

Comment

You can get rid of that message by editing ServerSettings.con in \mods\bf2\settings folder. Just set sv.numPlayersNeededToStart to 1. I set all of the delay's to 1 as well. This makes running the local server so you can goof off by yourself much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh G. Wrection
          You can get rid of that message by editing ServerSettings.con in \mods\bf2\settings folder. Just set sv.numPlayersNeededToStart to 1. I set all of the delay's to 1 as well. This makes running the local server so you can goof off by yourself much better.
          A million thanks, Hugh! That's exactly what I was looking for. Works like charm!!

Comment

Working...
          X