Crash to desk on new map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desk on new map?

Every time a new map loads, just after a round is complete, I crash back out to the desktop. The first round works fine, and if the map doesn't change I can play the next round, but on a map change I crash out.

A number of things are unusual about my setup. I am running SLI dual graphic cards, wide screen, and XP64. The game play looks great for the one or two rounds I get, but I end up crashing pretty soon.

Any advice? I have reinstalled the graphic drivers and the game.

Full Specs
    ----------
    DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR, BIOS 2005/06/23
    AMD64 FX57
    Dual XFX nVidia 7800 GTX, SLI
    2Gb Corsair DDR TWINX 3200
    Dual 74Gb WD Raptors, RAID-0
    Silverstone TJ-03 Case
    PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI
    MS Win XP64 Pro

Re: Crash to desk on new map?

I have the same problem. My specs are no where near as nice as yours but the game used to run flawlessly for hours on end with my setup. Now at the end of the map I CTD. The crash is fast, it doesnt spool down, just one sec you are at the end of a map looking at the scores and click back to desktop. I also think it takes longer to login to BFHQ dont know if its related.

Gigabyte GA-7DX
    XP 2.1
    1.5GB RAM (1+256+256)
    6600GT 128
    Audigy 2 Gamer
    2x160GB Maxtor
    CoolerMaster RS-450 Power

Comment

are you on a network?

If so I had this problem and its becuase your profile is located in my docs, on a network resource...

Copy the BF2 folder from my docs to a new folder like "C:\tempBF2" then right click the my docs of the machine you are using and copy that target path to a text file so you know you can get back to it...

Then you need to change its target to your temp profile folder, so set the path to "C:\tempBF2" choose "No" to copying all files there...
      You must remember once finished to change the target path back again choosing "no" to copying current files... its a pain but EA havent got a solid fix for using in a networked environment yet so I found this to be the best work around.

Comment

I dont have a network... just a hub with two IP's and two computers. Again, I have had this same setup for years with no problem, but now I get CTD after map ends. Trying to fix this has set me on another problem, I tried to update my NV drivers to fix, but my computer goes to black screen with new drivers. Only way I run my computer in anything but safe mode is to run older 79.11 drivers. I wonder if using the new 81.95 would fix the CTD issue, but my computer runs great with 79.11 drivers (except for BF2 CTD) and with new new drivers my PC is reduced to a black screen. Sucks

Comment

ouch catskill im not too sure what to suggest here :S

bump...

Would deffo do a search on drivers for you card here, just to see if anyone has had it in the past...

Comment

what settings are you using in the game and what settings are you using in the forceware driver???? there are a few tweaks you can use that may help? try this link to a site for the tweaks, good luck?: http://bf2lag.b0x.com/;)

Comment

Working...
            X