TK Punishers idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK Punishers idea

Somtimes i guess its ok too punish if its a deliberate TK or if the person who did it is VERY stupid. Personally its very rare for me too punish.

Anyway. why not have a system where if you choose too punish then when it says 'you were punished for tk' it says 'you were punished for tk by ........'

That way you know who it was and the person doing the punishing can take responsibility for his/her punish.

Re: TK Punishers idea

To be honest, it should be blatently obvious who you teamkilled as it does come up on the kill list.. top left?

Comment

yes but the top left goes up soo quickly you rarly see. But the bit where it says your punished stays there a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
        That way you know who it was and the person doing the punishing can take responsibility for his/her punish.

And what do you plan to do with said punisher? TK him/her again? Simply get punished again.... Keep typing messages to them? rant, rave, cry about the punish?

I'm not a punish monkey, but i will punish for the dumb ass actions on the part of the TKer (And I dont mean running me over when it is clearly my fault or my own stupidity which might have caused me t trigger a sniper's claymore).

I simply dont see what you hope to gain by having the person take responsibility for the punish. It is not as though you are going to go over to their house and have a face to face conversation with them.

Comment

if you don't see it - hit tilda (`) and read back and see.

easy

Comment

i think -5 is just way too much for a team kill ... i mean, i fly heaps, and i end up killing 5-6 ppl at a time, but i might get 1-2 tks sometimes .. and thats automatic -10 for me ... which is fukn ridiculous ..
            99% of the time ppl always PUNISH ... no matter what .. its like the persone who got killed is waiting 10seconds to get spawned, and while he waits, he has nothing better to do ... so for excitement he presses PG DWN (punish!)
            Also, since i am a regular pilot, every level with planes, i ALWAYS get 2-3 ppl stading infront of the plane .. its like they dont get the plane .. they have nothing else to do .. so just wait to get runover by myself, and respawn and hope to get into the plane next time ...

do anyone feel where i am coming from ..
            i just hate this TK idea all together .. or atleast reduce the punishment .. like -2 instead of a -5 ..
            (5 kills cancels with 2 TKs - thats plain fukn dumb)

Comment

Yes, very much so, especially when everyone stands round the jet/heli and then they try to kill you for taking it. Also even if they dont punish you, do you still get points taken away?

Comment

I think they should just make punishing someone a little more difficult than PGDN. It is like instapunish. . .and I feel like I did it sometime. Now, I think about whether or not I should punish the person and almost never do. What they should do is make you choose from a list HOW the person killed you. . .so you actually have to put some effort into punishing the person. If you don't choose the right way, YOU get punished.

This will make people think and will reduce non-intentional TK punishes. . . I think.

stawned,

if you kill a teammate, especially if you dropped a bomb on them, you deserve to lose points. The only TKs that I believe it is unfair to lose points for are MOST mines kills and some arty kills where people run into the arty spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Blak_Phoenix_MB
                  Also even if they dont punish you, do you still get points taken away?
                  I do believe you get -4 for a TK outright, and an additional -4 if you get punished.

Comment

Originally posted by stawned
                    i think -5 is just way too much for a team kill ... i mean, i fly heaps, and i end up killing 5-6 ppl at a time, but i might get 1-2 tks sometimes .. and thats automatic -10 for me ... which is fukn ridiculous ..
                    99% of the time ppl always PUNISH ... no matter what .. its like the persone who got killed is waiting 10seconds to get spawned, and while he waits, he has nothing better to do ... so for excitement he presses PG DWN (punish!)
                    Also, since i am a regular pilot, every level with planes, i ALWAYS get 2-3 ppl stading infront of the plane .. its like they dont get the plane .. they have nothing else to do .. so just wait to get runover by myself, and respawn and hope to get into the plane next time ...

do anyone feel where i am coming from ..
                    i just hate this TK idea all together .. or atleast reduce the punishment .. like -2 instead of a -5 ..
                    (5 kills cancels with 2 TKs - thats plain fukn dumb)
                    you should lose 1 point for a team kill.. period. Thats not too harmful,
                    and nobody would cry about losing 1 point if the tk was by accident,

this -4 -5 or whatever it is is ridiculous, but then again so is a lot of
                    other things about BF2.. choppers that can take ground, magical
                    maps with all your enemies locations on it, etc

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                      yes but the top left goes up soo quickly you rarly see. But the bit where it says your punished stays there a lot longer.

Its up there plenty long- i ALWAYS REad those things that come up as any good bf2 player would do.

Comment

Working...
                      X