quick questions about BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick questions about BF2

I don't yet own BF2 but am considering getting it. I have a couple of questions about the game itself;

1) I wasn't particularly impressed with a demo I played of this game before BF2 was released. The graphics were only so-so and I found it too 'arcadey'. Regardless of the weapon, you would sometimes need several headshots before dropping them. It seemed too much like there was a certain number of bullets needed to kill an enemy, which is not very realistic. Since the game has come out, the graphics look far better, however could someone who owns it tell me how they find its level of damage realism? Will a sniper's bullet to the head now drop an opponent in one?

2) I've heard a lot about TKs with regards to BF2. It's a problem you often come across in any MP game, but as a game that is based mainly in MP form, how much of a problem have players found it to be in relation to other MP games? Better, worse or no difference?

Re: quick questions about BF2

It sounds to me as if you wouldn't like it. There is no difference to the gameplay from the demo to the retail game. Personaly, my opinion is, if you havn't played a BF game before, then go out and buy it and try it. But if you have played BF for over a year, then don't buy it yet, just wait for the mods to come out, because BF2 gets boring very very fast, just check out the vast amount of threads on "BF2 is boring now" etc.

Oh, about the tking thing. You've never seen anything like it, some people have the finger on page down before you even tk them. Worse than any game I've played.

Comment

Play the demo, if you dont like it then dont buy it because the full games is just like it. I understand how you feel about the arcadey feel to it (I came from playing Ravenshield and Ghost Recon, two very realistic/ non arcade games). It took a while to get used to how arcadey this game was but its still fun. For now, its going to hold me over till I go get the new rvs game and GR3 in DEC.

Comment

the game only gets boring to people who play it hours upon hours a day... so if you have a life, it will never get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by King_Nesto
          the game only gets boring to people who play it hours upon hours a day... so if you have a life, it will never get boring.
          I find it hard to play BF2 for more than 30mins a day.. EVEN on Karkand :O

Comment

I like it...

A sniper bullet to the head WILL kill (the problem is getting that damn bullet to hit)

You wont have problems with TK'ers like in other games.. the problem now is smacktards punishing YOUR completely UN-intetionally TK's...

If you dont like the demo.. you wont like the full version

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
              I find it hard to play BF2 for more than 30mins a day.. EVEN on Karkand :O
              so thats why you asked me for a CSS Steam account... ahh...

Its a great game, but make sure you get your mates to get it too, around 4 or 5 of my mates got the game too so its always a laugh.. get a ventrilo/TS server too, saves a lot of time wasting

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
                But if you have played BF for over a year, then don't buy it yet, just wait for the mods to come out, because BF2 gets boring very very fast, just check out the vast amount of threads on "BF2 is boring now" etc.
                Just because you and some others have started to get bored with BF2, doesn't mean that it's the trend.
                I've had BF2 for 2 months now, and still play it as much, if not more, than I did when I got it. It's nowhere near boring yet, for me atleast. And I play almost every day!

Oh, and I'm no BF noob either, bought BF1942 on the day of release and have been an avid fan since.

I'm just trying to say that people are different, some people might get tired of a game after a month/half year/year - while some people play it for years and years. It's all about personal preference

Back on topic:
                The teamkilling in this game is rampant, and the punish function ****es people off every second of the day. A lot of people automatically punish you even if it was their fault!
                Patch 1.1, hopefully released early October, will rectify a lot of the TK problems though - so if this is a vital issue for you I'd advise you to wait until the patch is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Berrern
                  Just because you and some others have started to get bored with BF2, doesn't mean that it's the trend.
                  I've had BF2 for 2 months now, and still play it as much, if not more, than I did when I got it. It's nowhere near boring yet, for me atleast. And I play almost every day!

Oh, and I'm no BF noob either, bought BF1942 on the day of release and have been an avid fan since.

I'm just trying to say that people are different, some people might get tired of a game after a month/half year/year - while some people play it for years and years. It's all about personal preference

Back on topic:
                  The teamkilling in this game is rampant, and the punish function ****es people off every second of the day. A lot of people automatically punish you even if it was their fault!
                  Patch 1.1, hopefully released early October, will rectify a lot of the TK problems though - so if this is a vital issue for you I'd advise you to wait until the patch is out.
                  Well for me, every BF game has been boring.. UNITL the mods come out, I only bought BF42 for DC, and I only bought BFV for PoE. Now I'm hoping that PoE, FH, RC will be good enough :/ The only good thing that DICE does is give us a mediocre engine for the modders to make better.

Comment

I bought bf1942 the day it came out (pre-order) - same with all the packs that came out after. I bought this one pre-order, but could not play it til I got a new video card (bah!!). Delayed me by a week or so - but I have been playing ever since. I do not play every day - but every time I get the chance I play...and play for hours a time.

30 minutes? I am just getting warmed up by then.

If you like the BF series - I am sure you will like this game. It does have it's issues, just like any other game, but graphics, maps, etc all make up for it.

I would buy it again if I had to, and I plan to buy the next expansion.

Comment

Personally i lov ethe game. There is no set number of bullets to drop an opponent, it is very possible to kill an enemy with one bullet, especially with a sniper rifle. The issue with the TK's is that there are immature players on some MP servers who will punish you if they run infront of your tank, for example. There are definatly parts of the game that need to be fixed and tweaked, but overall the game i find is quite enjoyable and all the mods just make it better.

Comment

Working...
                      X