Anti Tank missile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Tank missile

Here is the effect of an anti tank missle in real life.
    Just thought it was interesting and would share.
    Watch the video and don’t miss out all the fun – join the community at KillSomeTime

Re: Anti Tank missile

Someone posted that a while ago. It's pretty cool. Looks like a TOW missile.

Comment

woops, my bad. delete if you want moderators

Comment

Originally posted by Soda
        Someone posted that a while ago. It's pretty cool. Looks like a TOW missile.
        It's a Javelin missile, Tow missiles and launchers are much bigger, anyways, the Javelin is awesome, weighs between 30-40 pounds, and the range is 2.5km, which is way outta the range that a tank can see infantary, it's awesome, not in Bf2 for balance reasons obviiously.

Comment

Heh. Didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

how cool

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
              It's a Javelin missile, Tow missiles and launchers are much bigger, anyways, the Javelin is awesome, weighs between 30-40 pounds, and the range is 2.5km, which is way outta the range that a tank can see infantary, it's awesome, not in Bf2 for balance reasons obviiously.
              The Javelin missile is an awesome anti-vehicle weapon. I read a story in one of our Australian newspapers around a year ago now and can still remember the tale of some Australian SAS engaging Iraqi forces in the Iraqi Western desert area in the early stages of the second Gulf War.

The SAS were on recon and came across a large, although mixed contingent of Iraqi army travelling in light commercial vehicles. A small arms fire fight ensued with the SAS easily gaining the upper hand with their superior weaponry and night vision equipment. During the fight, some enemy apparently tried to escape inone of the vehicles, which was targeted with a Javelin missile.
              The missle left it's tube launcher, and tracked and followed the swerving truck until it hit home and blew it into a thousand pieces. What made the story memorable was the fact the the squad leader said that at the time of the Javelin launch, all the small arms fired just stopped, and everybody watched the missile follow and hit it's intended target. After that display, the Iraqis quickly surrendered.

It was almost as it they'd never, ever seem such a weapon in action before and I could imagine their dumbfounded looks as it was used.

Major WTF ?????

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan
                The Javelin missile is an awesome anti-vehicle weapon. I read a story in one of our Australian newspapers around a year ago now and can still remember the tale of some Australian SAS engaging Iraqi forces in the Iraqi Western desert area in the early stages of the second Gulf War.

The SAS were on recon and came across a large, although mixed contingent of Iraqi army travelling in light commercial vehicles. A small arms fire fight ensued with the SAS easily gaining the upper hand with their superior weaponry and night vision equipment. During the fight, some enemy apparently tried to escape inone of the vehicles, which was targeted with a Javelin missile.
                The missle left it's tube launcher, and tracked and followed the swerving truck until it hit home and blew it into a thousand pieces. What made the story memorable was the fact the the squad leader said that at the time of the Javelin launch, all the small arms fired just stopped, and everybody watched the missile follow and hit it's intended target. After that display, the Iraqis quickly surrendered.

It was almost as it they'd never, ever seem such a weapon in action before and I could imagine their dumbfounded looks as it was used.

Major WTF ?????
                Yeah, never heard that story, that's awesome, but that's the Javelins Fire-and-forget ability, it's awesome. Those Iraqis musta thought we were like god, or something, guiding that missile to the target.

Comment

What i would like to know if it is fire and forget is how it seeks it's target. Heat maybe. I asumed that they had a control on the launcher that guided the missle via a cam or something.

Comment

Originally posted by A$$a$$ination
                    What i would like to know if it is fire and forget is how it seeks it's target. Heat maybe. I asumed that they had a control on the launcher that guided the missle via a cam or something.
                    Javelin is a portable anti-tank weapon developed by a joint venture (JV) of defence companies Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, named the Javelin JV. It is shoulder-fired but can also be deployed from multiple platforms installed on tracked, wheeled or amphibious vehicles.

It's heat seeking and will hit it's target when fired from a 'lock-on' status until its hits. The amazing thing about it is that against tanks it's supposed to climb up above the tank and hit it from above !

Much better than SRAW or ERYX and I can see why Dice didn't put it in the game....it's deadly !

Comment

What made the story memorable was the fact the the squad leader said that at the time of the Javelin launch, all the small arms fired just stopped, and everybody watched the missile follow and hit it's intended target. After that display, the Iraqis quickly surrendered.

Major WTF ?????
                      I can imagine. I would too. WTF. Holy hell, what was that?

Also did anyone recognize the sound? I'm certain that sound from that file (or one nearly identical) was used in Desert Combat. It's a sound i've heard many many many times, but can't place it. Maybe the TOW or Oppo equiv.

Or maybe it was the sound they gave the stinger missles.

I've only played .7 and Final, so it was in there then. I know it was in there somewhere.

Comment

that video is just a demo. look it up.

Much better than SRAW or ERYX and I can see why Dice didn't put it in the game....it's deadly !
                        they could have put it in the game and it wouldnt matter. its just a name and a skin, AT would still be as weak.

Comment

Javelin is implemented in the game Joint operation escalation, you can only carry 1 missile but it's one shoot on kill.

About javelin, It's use an IR captor. Counter measure against such system already exist in most modern army

Comment

Working...
                          X