Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Join Any Servers of Demo (Joining Server)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Join Any Servers of Demo (Joining Server)

When I attempt to join any multiplayer server for Battlefield 2 Demo, the screen displays the Joining Server message, but nothing happens and the game freezes at the screen forever. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Re: Can't Join Any Servers of Demo (Joining Server)

Obviously you cannot play any map other then Gulf of Oman. Also you want to check the "same version" box, as you also would not be able to join any retail version servers (I do not believe).

Other things that come to mind:

Firewall - allow BF2 to play though the firewall, if it does, make sure the proper ports are opened, also make sure Windows Firewall is off, so it doesn't conflict with any other installed firewall.

Drivers - Video, Sound, Motherboard, and Network drivers all need to be the most recent available. For video go to the top of the Hardware forum and look for the sticky called "Video Card Drivers and Related Software" or something to that effect. It will show you how to properly install new video drivers. Sound, motherboard, and Network are all up to you. Find the manufactures' website and check for dirver downloads.

Firmware - If you have a router or home network, check the manufacture and model of your router. Go to their site and search for new firmware. Most routers have built-in applications that update this automatically from a file that you download.

Comment

Re: Can't Join Any Servers of Demo (Joining Server)

Ok thanks I'll try to work on that stuff, I'll post here if I'm successful

Comment

Working...
      X