Weird BF2 BUG ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird BF2 BUG ??

Ok something is up with my mouse in BF2 it seems to stutter when I turn and comes up connection problem when I turn but not when I move forward the cursor in game on the map is stuttering ??

I re-installed and its still the same, my mouse is fine with everything else

Re: Weird BF2 BUG ??

Does this happen in all servers?
    I had something similar happen to me in a server last night, I thought it was the server so I disconnected and found another one, it went away then.

Comment

I had the same problem, after my PSU died on me in mid game (Multiplayer). Navigate to your folder in "My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/000X" where X = the number associated with the Profile you are using. Open the 'Controls.con' file in that folder, using Notepad. If it is 'blank', or missing some lines (as mine was after the PSU failure), just drag and drop a 'copy' of the Controls.con file from your '0001' or 'default' player Profile, into the folder for the Profile you are attempting to fix. (You can always 'edit' your Controls again from the in-game Options menu later, to restore them to where they were.) This worked for me, good luck!

I done this and tried again it worked for 2-3 seconds then stopped ???

Comment

Bump !

Comment

I kind of sounds like it could be two different problems but could be just internet lag. If it's internet lag, your forward movement should be jerkey too, like you were attached to a rubber band.

One thought is that perhaps you have your game settings on High and the PC is not able to draw the scenery fast enough. Lowering settings and testing would tell you.

Another thought is that perhaps your mouse is sharing an IRQ assignment with another device in your system, like the sound card or video card. Since you can't boot the PC without a mouse, I would try to borrow another for testing. If using a USB mouse, move it to another port. If using a PS/2 mouse, try entering your BIOS and disabling "Legacy Support for PS/2 Mouse" and/or visa-versa.

Without more info it's hard to say what is going on.

Comment

I have been playing it since it came out and it has been fine, but this has suddenly started happening last night..

My mouse is good with everything else and ok in the startup menus on BF2 but once the map loads it acts all slow and when I turn the mouse round left or right it comes up connection problems, how ever if I run straight forward its ok ?

Comment

If it were me, I would first test using a different game based on DirectX9 in order to determine if it is game related or system related.

You can always uninstall and reinstall the mouse from your system or you can do a manual removal of all game files and begin fresh. Other than that, I am out of ideas at the moment.

Comment

Working...
              X