Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exact location of cache folder to be deleted???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact location of cache folder to be deleted???

What is the exact path of the cache folder one should delete after changing ones grahpic settings???

I heard that changing the graphics settings then exiting the game, deleting the cache, defraging, then restarting will reduce future load times.

True not true.

BTW if you delete the movies fold I find the system works better consumes less memory loads faster etc. I wonder if the same is true for the grey map backgrounds???

Re: Exact location of cache folder to be deleted???

Originally posted by vjs
    What is the exact path of the cache folder one should delete after changing ones grahpic settings???

I heard that changing the graphics settings then exiting the game, deleting the cache, defraging, then restarting will reduce future load times.

True not true.

BTW if you delete the movies fold I find the system works better consumes less memory loads faster etc. I wonder if the same is true for the grey map backgrounds???
    The file path to the cache is...

C:\Documents and Settings\Shamus\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

... you can delete everything under this directory.

As for disabling the movies and the the menu backgrounds - you are correct. Doing that plus using English Only voices under Audio Controls saves several hundred MB of RAM and/or disk paging.

I have done the above and my Peak Commit Charge after playing on a 64 player server does not exceed 1GB. This means that in my case, with the settings I have, I would not benefit from having 2GB of RAM. I tested it with absolutely no difference in performance.

Comment

Re: Exact location of cache folder to be deleted???

Thanks Shamus

Comment

Working...
      X