Mx510

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mx510

I have mapped the "extra" buttons on this mouse for BF2. It works fine if I go directly into the game, but often these buttons won't work if I have used another program beforehand.

Does anyone else experience this problem? Is there a solution to allow one to use other programs before playing BF2?

Regards

Re: Mx510

Have you got setpoint.exe running whilst in BF2 ?

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing that program loaded into memory. What is it? Should I have it running?

TS!

Comment

Setpoint is not included with the MX510 drivers. Instead it uses Mouseware 9.xx series of mouse software. The solution for using Mouseware is to set the mouse button properties to keystrokes then apply those in game.

Comment

For clarification, I have properly mapped all the buttons with the Logitech mouse software, but sometimes they do not respond. It seems as long as I jump into the game after I boot the machine up everything is fine. If I use other programs beforehand then my extra buttons (i.e., above/below scroll wheel) do not function properly in BF2.

TS!

Comment

Oh, well then in that case, you need to run this Logitech utility called Advanced Settings Utility for MouseWare 9.76 and above which solves this annoyance:

Comment

Will take a look.

Thanks

Comment

I have a 510 and you have to use/start your > Start > all programs > Logitech > Mouse properties program for it to bind to the game after you have set "Keystrokes"

Comment

I don't have to launch any additional programs for my key bindings to take effect and hold. The only thing running related to the mouse is the standard Logitech EM_EXEC.exe process which is always running. Same mouse.

Comment

hmmm i had a problem with my mx510 keys not staying binded. I think i fixed it by using the second slot instead of teh first one. Worked for some weird reason.

Comment

That advancd utility did the trick Shamus - thanks mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
                        I don't have to launch any additional programs for my key bindings to take effect and hold. The only thing running related to the mouse is the standard Logitech EM_EXEC.exe process which is always running. Same mouse.
                        I understand what you are saying m8, but I have all my start up programs deleted, and launch only the ones I need, when i need them, I felt that the "Q" in post was similar to my start up .

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalSkirmish
                          That advancd utility did the trick Shamus - thanks mate!
                          Good news is always welcome!

Comment

Working...
                          X