Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching problem...

Howdy,

I just got BF2, and its great...I was playing with the version with comes with the cd...and it worked fine, I then downloaded the 1.02 patch, and i get this error about half-way through..:

Whats the Go? Is this a occuring problem?

Re: Patching problem...

Originally posted by Antipop
    Howdy,

I just got BF2, and its great...I was playing with the version with comes with the cd...and it worked fine, I then downloaded the 1.02 patch, and i get this error about half-way through..:

Whats the Go? Is this a occuring problem?
    you got to love such informative error messages ... try freeing up more space on the drive holding your temporary files (usually C: ) and the drive where BF2 is on

Comment

I'm fairly certain there is a log file somewhere in your "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Battlefield 2" folder that details the patching operation. It's in one of those subfolders; can't remember which. The log file may (hopefully) tell you why it failed. Good luck.

Comment

First, make sure the error doesn't appear because of a full harddrive.

I know there's a manual patcher for download somewhere. It's a zip file which you unzip in your BF2 directory, and then run a patch.exe file. Do a search for it

Alternatively, try re-installing the game and patch the fresh install - that should work.

Comment

I re-installed..and tried to patch..

Heres the patchlog:

error ept0029: Insufficient Storage Space to Apply Patch - You need at least
          -1949144798 bytes free.

But - I have 2.02GB's left in the HDD where the game is...

Comment

You need more free space.

Comment

Working...
            X