Receiving Critical error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving Critical error message

I'm having some pretty bad problems and i hope you can help.
    When I play battlefield 2 after about 15-20 minutes of playtime the computer locks up and then resets. when windows boots up again it says that the computer has suffered a critical error. The details say
    error signature
    BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : B4C12354 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
    BCP4 : 80505CD8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Files in error report
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER82cc.dir00\Mini 091905-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER82cc.dir00\sysd ata.xml

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I run an amd 64 3200+ with 1gig ram and geforce fx 6600. thanks in advance

Re: Receiving Critical error message

Try posting what driver version you are using for hardware components.

e.g. go into Run menu type dxdiag.exe and press "save all information" and paste it in a reply here.

Comment

What Gunny said. Off the bat, it sounds like a heat issue.

Comment

Here's the info:
        ------------------
        System Information
        ------------------
        Time of this report: 9/19/2005, 19:00:34
        Machine name: BEHEMOTH
        Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
        Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
        System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
        System Model: MS-7125
        BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
        Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
        Memory: 1024MB RAM
        Page File: 293MB used, 2167MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
        DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
        DX Setup Parameters: Not found
        DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
        Display Devices
        ---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 6600
        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
        Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0141&SUBSYS_C3693842&REV_A2
        Display Memory: 256.0 MB
        Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
        Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
        Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
        Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
        Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7801 (English)
        DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
        Driver Attributes: Final Retail
        Driver Date/Size: 8/2/2005 16:35:00, 3908864 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
        WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
        VDD: n/a
        Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
        Mini VDD Date: 8/2/2005 16:35:00, 3198560 bytes
        Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4201-11CF-8B45-63E303C2CB35}
        Vendor ID: 0x10DE
        Device ID: 0x0141
        SubSys ID: 0xC3693842
        Revision ID: 0x00A2
        Revision ID: 0x00A2

Comment

Those error codes are generic and don't tell me which device or driver is bringing the system down.

Right click on My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup/Shutdown, and take the checkmark off of 'restart on error'.

When the machine crashes next, instead of rebooting you may get some clues as to just what has happened which will be of great value in fixing it.

You might also look under Admin. Tools/Event Viewer to see if any errors or warnings show up.

Comment

K so i did what u said shamus and this is what the blue screen said...
            DRIVER_IQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
            then it said you if this is your first message you must restart the computer and it must shut down to prevent permanent damage to the comp and it goes on...
            Technical info:
            *** STOP 0x000000D1(0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF726AA54)
            *** ks.sys- address F726AA54 BASE AT F7265000
            DATESTAMP 41107EF8

hope you can figure out this problem and thanks in advance

Comment

KS.sys is a Windows System file that has been know to cause problems for people uning Intel systems. But it seems to become easily corrupted on AMD based systems as well. I have a few suggestions.

One is to see if you can use System Restore. If that doesn't work, you can use Windows SFC (System File Check) command. Do this:

Place your XP CD in the drive and go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

...let it do it's thing.

I have read that others got corrupted ks.sys files from Windows Updates so I bet that is what happened to you.

The file should be located in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers folder or the C:\Windows\Driver Cache\i386 folder. You could always get a fresh ks.sys file from http://www.dynamiclink.nl/sys/info_sys/info_k/13.htm and paste it into those directories.

Just make a resore point beforehand.

Comment

well I did that and it helped somewhat... now instead of a blue screen it just quits out.
                I think the problem is that my computer is running too hot. Because this happens at around 88 degrees and i'm guessing thats too hot to handle. Any suggestions on good fans that aren't too expensive?

Comment

88 degrees F or C? if its C then thats way too hot for the cpu, idealy it should be below 60 C under a full load (but around 40-50 or is better) and never get over 65 C.

You can just buy some Arctic Silver 5 thermal interface material to bring down the temperatures (make sure to follow the directions on the website). Just replace the thermal interface material thats already on there with the AS5. You can pick some up for around 5 or 10 dollars at frys or bestbuy, it comes in a little tube.

heres a picture of what it looks like so you know what you are looking for

oh and heres the application instructions for it so you dont have to hunt it down.

you can just get some really high purity(above 90%) rubbing alcohol to clean it off, that will work fine. also make sure you use a lint free cloth (an old tshirt will work if you dont have one).

you could also consider lapping your heatsink since the stock ones arent very smooth, but start with just the arctic silver 5 and see if thats enough.

Comment

I just thought of something that may be of assistance. MS released a crappy driver for integrated Marvel-Yukon Ethernet Controllers that come on many motherboards. This driver is causing people to error all over the world. If you do have that driver and ethernet controller, the latest driver from Marvel will solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X