Why such bad performance..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why such bad performance..

Im readin these posts and seeing people with 6600GTs and a gig of ram run on all high and get from like 40 to 60 fps.. I have the same system as them with a 6800GT and i run 2Xaa with 2 on medium and 1 on low (mostly lighting crap) and i get like 30 fps.. why is this happenin

Re: Why such bad performance..

Every system is different. Also, usually AMD is better for gaming. If I were to switch my components to an AMD system, my benchmarks and FPS would shoot up a significant amount. AMD has better memory management, and better architecture then Intel does. Needless to say, my next machine will be an AMD based one.

Comment

Also alot of people are full of ****. I see one guy going around saying a 5500 OC plays on all high except for dynamic shadows. Alot of people lie about their performance. Now that I look at your sig, it could and is probably due to you only having a gig of ram. I have 2 gigs, but when I take one out and run BF2 I get such ****ty performance and it's studdering. Once I put in the other gig its fine.

Comment

I dont lie. If you want, I can literally let you come over and seee for it yourself. (My settings: 1280x1024 forced, everything on medium, except Geometry at high, dyamatic shadows off, 2x AA; 35-55 FPS). Its the ram that really drives the settings. I personally want to upgrade to a AMD 64 and experiment with OCing a 3000+ venice...

Try clearing your cache. That might help.

Comment

Working...
        X