Field of view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field of view

I thought i would add my few cents worth... this is all about the field of view in the game, for all of you who may not understand my terminology in 'real life' your field of view (what you are able to see with your eyes, while looking straight ahead) is about 160 degrees or so.
    But whats up with the FOV in BF2?? its almost like tunnel vision.. it could be better... I remember when i used to play Quake world - those were the days... in Quake world you were able to change your FOV - i used to use 123 degrees.. and it was great with the extra peripheral vision... now I realise that adjusting that value in quake world, made things seem some what stretched - however surely with the advancements to gaming engines since then, we could change the FOV without major issues??

what are your thoughts? ... anyone still play quake world.. ?

Jurgen

Re: Field of view

Yeh Bigger FOV would defenetly make things mor einteresting .

Comment

yeah... I realise that it is just a game and am not complaining ... but sometimes if i am running along past a road or alleyway etc.. (which surprisingly enough happens a lot in this game) and i want to make sure the alley is clear or the road or whatever, I have to run up, stop turn and look or i could try strafing or something, this is not the only time it would come in handy, just a small example.

Comment

I can't stand the FOV in the Cobra or MEC choppers. It always seems like I'm obligated to stare straight ahead.

Especially in the jets.

Comment

In BF Vietnam you can change it in the Video.InI file.
          But it dosent want to work in BF2.
          Dont know why.

Comment

In BF Vietnam you can change it in the Video.InI file - Might have to do a bit more digging around this... maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel?

anyone had a crack at this?

Comment

A biger field of view would be awesome many a time i have been snuck up on from right beside me and i couldnt tell

Comment

Working...
              X