Mods. Ranks, and EA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods. Ranks, and EA.

Has there been any talk or anything that mentions that EA might possibly allow mods to become part of the ranking system?

Lets face it, as time goes on, people want "more" or "different". Im sure BF Special Forces will help, however you all know, or most rather, that a mod will surface that will blow everyone away and become......... 'THE GAME".
    Hey alot of people played BF1942. But lets face it, the DESERT COMBAT mod, became more popular then the game itself. A mod will come out that will do the same thing, im sure of it for BF2. And when that happens, i think more and more RANKED servers will be dropped, because, folks want to play the new, popular mod.
    To protect themselves, it seems almost natural that EA, will approve not just any ol mod, mind you, but the next big thing, when it surfaces, to be included in the rankings/stats system.

I hope that someone @ EA is already on top of this, and is in contact with some of the devs, creating what appears to be, first rate mods, for the game already. IE: POE, Desert Conflict, FH2, USI. And sorry if i left you out, but these came to mind first, and these are obviously first rate mods.

Re: Mods. Ranks, and EA.

Like you said, I really doubt EA will allow it unfortunately. Its a shame though, they really should embrace the modder's efforts, it can only benefit them in the long run if it makes their games better and more long-lasting.

Comment

EA wont ever allow mods to be part of the ranking system.

Mods will either not use a ranking system or use their own.
      There is some alternate ranking systems under development which will run externally to EAs official system.
      We'll have to wait and see whether any mods actually incorporate their own ranking system into their mods.

Comment

OMG.... that would be..........really scary for EA, if some or one of our community PC nerdy types, (i mean that in a good way ) came up with a system like EA's to run within the mod. Need some horsepower there. Hmmmm. Wonder if a company that got shafted by EA, would sponsor such a thing. Gotta be a few companies out there that got the shaft by EA.
        Sarcasm on the "few", btw.

Comment

After reading my last post......

EA probally should seriously start workiing with modders asap, and get a heads up, or a "control" if you will, now.

I mean, if someone comes up with a ranking system like EA's and incorporate it into any game...........wow. Modders could have a field day.

Comment

Working...
          X