Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenade your boats!

A quick tip to help the rest of your team:
    On maps that use a lot of boats, one you have got to where your going in one, turn around and grenade it. It only takes one grenade usually to blow the boat, and it sends it back to the respawn point faster than just leaving it there.
    Others on your team can then use it, plus if you're sneaking up on an enemy base, blowing up the boat takes it off the radar instead of leaving it like a sore thumb and a "SPEC OPS HERE>" sign.

Crash :P

Re: Grenade your boats!

Good point...I wish people would do this will all vehicles they 'dispose' of.

Comment

Agreed. Wherever possible I drive jeeps, heavily damaged armor, etc. to the edge of a body of water then jump out allowing them to roll the rest of the way in (works best on a slope) so that they will respawn as quickly as possible.

Comment

The same tip goes for snipers. Once you get near your position you want to destroy your buggy/jeep so as to not draw attention to your hidden position.

Comment

Yup, this also goes for the asshats that take a jeep or buggy from spawn to a plane so they can beat everyone -- then leave it sitting there.

Comment

Good tip. I always try to finish off wounded vehicles so that they spawn back at the main base.

Comment

Great point, I've never done it on purpose.

Comment

jw..do boats like blow themselves up slowly when no one is using them because i sometimes leave boats behind when im on my "covert" mission and i leave it hidden so i can get in and get out really fast..but if i end up dying ...i think the boat somehow gets back later..but idk how

Comment

Another point about leaving boats/jeeps is that people driving them point them to thier target when they hop out.... Not only does it say "Sniper/SpecOps Here", it also says "Hey! I'm going THIS direction...

Just a thought.

Comment

Yep, I do this often, as I use my minimap a lot, and know how much useful info it can give away to the enemy.

I stick around and defend flags more than most people, and love seeing a little grey boat icon appear behind a point...... I feel sorry for them sometimes since I know how far they've travelled.

The bad part:
                    One time I took a boat from the US carrier on Gulf of Oman, a sniper jumped in for the ride. I landed the boat in a nice hidden location, jumped out and readied my grenade. He hesitated, wondering why I was waiting around - I was waiting for him to get out of the way!
                    He started moving off, so I threw my grenade. Unfortunately he ran right in front of me. The grenade clocked him directly on his head, and dropped down at both out feet. Of course it teamkilled him and made me "no more".
                    I had to thank him for not punishing me, I guess he understood what I was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronchaser
                      Another point about leaving boats/jeeps is that people driving them point them to thier target when they hop out.... Not only does it say "Sniper/SpecOps Here", it also says "Hey! I'm going THIS direction...

Just a thought.
                      Yea, I was sniping with a guy the other day on Kubra Dam.. I was walking through the hills but he had taken a buggy. He said something on me on VOIP about how much faster a buggy is, and I reminded him that it just broadcasts your position -- something you do not want as a sniper. Coincidence or not, a minute or two later an enemy squad came to wipe us out.

I do the same thing on defense. If I see an empty boat suddenly appear, I know a squad just landed. Especially useful on Sharqi at the south flag when defending as USMC. Or if I'm attacking and I see a tank or APC disappear, I know I'd better let the AT guys lead the charge.

Comment

I had never thought of that, thnx for the tip

Comment

hmm, didn't thought of this before... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                            jw..do boats like blow themselves up slowly when no one is using them because i sometimes leave boats behind when im on my "covert" mission and i leave it hidden so i can get in and get out really fast..but if i end up dying ...i think the boat somehow gets back later..but idk how
                            Yeah all vehicles when moved off their spawn point and then exited will slowly decay till they blow up and respawn. Grenading your vehicle just speeds the process up no end and helps out the others waiting for it.
                            Btw thats why I love being an engy. You can run off to an abandoned vehicle and repair it good as new, leaving the spawned vehicles for the rest of your team.

Comment

I wish more people did this to boats and jeeps. Sucks to be stranded.

Along these same lines - if there is an enemy vehicle in your base - repair it and use it if you can, otherwise just leave it be - DONT BLOW IT UP.

The longer it sits in your base, the longer they have to go without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X