Final Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Video Card

Ok, so here it is, a pci slot 5700. I know it's not the best but somone tell me why some of these are lower priced?

Newegg is proud to offer United States the best prices, fast shipping and top-rated customer service for Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics and more!

I am getting one of the three, one is 60 bucks, and one is 90, why?

Also i have 512 mb of ram, and 2.4 ghz proccessor, will it go well? as in not blow up my system?

Re: Final Video Card

The cheaper ones are refurbished.

Comment

Originally posted by alecs36
      Also i have 512 mb of ram, and 2.4 ghz proccessor, will it go well? as in not blow up my system?
      I highly suggest you upgrade to 1GB. I just bought a new 512 stick (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820223009) and the difference was like night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
        The cheaper ones are refurbished.
        what does this mean?

Comment

what does this mean?

Basically a refurbished merchandise is something that was brought back to the store for whatever reason. Sometimes it was broken and then repaired and now being sold as is. Or sometimes it is just brought back to the store and the customer was not happy with it for whatever reason. Alot of stores now have to sell it as being refurbished and there might be absolutely nothing wrong with the product. I have bought refurbished items from Newegg before and its fine.

Some of the refurbished items are going to not come with certain software either. No worries though. You can download the drivers from nvidia website anyways.

Also you are looking at the Geforce 5700LE. The LE versions are a step below the regular 5700. Just a cheaper version.

Comment

From www.dictionary.com

re·fur·bish P Pronunciation Key (r-fûrbsh)
            tr.v. re·fur·bished, re·fur·bish·ing, re·fur·bish·es

They areused cards, fixed up to be (almost) as good as new.
            To make clean, bright, or fresh again; renovate.

Comment

Ah ok, thanks for the help all.

Comment

is there a difference between refurbished and OEM?

Comment

Yes as stated above refurbished is used...

Comment

please do not get this card.... its crap and will play the game on low..... if i where you i would save up for a new computer

Comment

as said above, its entirly pointless to buy that card, just wait a month and you can get a 6800

then you can atlest run on medium
                      5700 hardly runs all low at 800x600
                      playing like that and getting 10 fps you should think about get a job instead of playing bf2

Comment

Ok, so here it is, a pci slot 5700. I know it's not the best but somone tell me why some of these are lower priced?

I am getting one of the three, one is 60 bucks, and one is 90, why?

Thats not 5700. Its 5700LE and LE is bad! its like having normal 5500.
                        Its hard to find 5700 non LE. LE means Lowered Edition.

Comment

I ahve a 5700, runs ok on low, i also have a radeon 9550 also runs like crap. The lowest card you should look at is a 6600, anything less(like what i got is crap)

Also guys, do you think this site is legit, if you want to take the risk, put $40 down on the x800 and if you do refer me Loltmann@comcast.net http://www.smartelectro.com/products.html

Comment

Working...
                          X