Frame Rate Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Rate Problem

During the game, my computer will get a major freeze frame. Its not lag, im positive its the fps dropping to hell. I have no idea why. I have installed the latest drivers, I have my loud as hell fans running, and I have a pretty good pc. I also ran all of my anti spyware programs and im clean. Any ideas ? My specs are

Amd64 3700
    2.41 Ghz
    1.50 GB Ram
    GeForce 6800 GT

I was also running my video settings on High, Rez was 1024x768 75hz. My Anti Ai is at 0.

Re: Frame Rate Problem

Originally posted by JokerBebop
    During the game, my computer will get a major freeze frame. Its not lag, im positive its the fps dropping to hell. I have no idea why. I have installed the latest drivers, I have my loud as hell fans running, and I have a pretty good pc. I also ran all of my anti spyware programs and im clean. Any ideas ? My specs are

Amd64 3700
    2.41 Ghz
    1.50 GB Ram
    GeForce 6800 GT

I was also running my video settings on High, Rez was 1024x768 75hz. My Anti Ai is at 0.

If you have another card to try, try it. It doesnt matter what it looks like at this point. If same happens try diff ram and so forth. However if you have a clean run on the test, like with your card, it might be the card. Etc.....

Comment

It might be fastwrites. See if you can turn it off in the Nvidia control panel. If you can't find it search google for a little file called coolbit2. It opens some hidden options in the driver. OR you can go into BIOS and disable it there.

Comment

If you're playing on larger 50/64 player maps it could be your CPU. I know the game is hardly CPU dependent in Frame rate benchmarks but nothing has indicated it wouldn't help with stuttering, action slowdowns, etc. I am getting my new CPU on Tuesday so I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

You might want to consider turning the dynamic settings off, and lowering your textures to medium

Comment

Yea i have a 3.0 P4, gig of ram and a 6800GT, textures seems to make my fps lock up at 15 fpsish, put texture medium and dynamic light at low and you should be fine

Comment

MY FPS is at a constant 15.0

It is unplayable and I have even set everything to Low.

Can someone please help me? what can i do? The singleplayer works beautifully. But Multiplahyer is a joke.

Pentium 4
              3.00 ghz
              1 gig ram
              Radeon X800 Pro

Comment

I also get 15 FPS from time to time...but usually its 40-60 FPS

3.2 ghz
                2gb ram
                nVidia 6800GT

Comment

Originally posted by JokerBebop

Amd64 3700
                  2.41 Ghz
                  1.50 GB Ram
                  GeForce 6800 GT

are you sure it is not the server you are on? sometimes i will have a ping of 30 and the game will start to stutter, but i usually have 3+ people on teamspeak and it happens to all of us at the same time which leads me to believe that the certain server we are on is either changing maps for a different game it is running or having some type of issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X