Parachute help?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parachute help?????

Does anyone know if you can let go of the parachute in mid-air?

Re: Parachute help?????

Originally posted by Jmunee3o5
    Does anyone know if you can let go of the parachute in mid-air?
    yes you can....hit E again

Comment

really? i didnt know that lol i guess you learn something everyday

Comment

are you sure????... I took a jet in Gulf of Oman, and flew traight up until i lost control. then i parachuted, and must have hit every button on my keyboard about 5 times trying to let go of my parachute....

Comment

Originally posted by Big_red_Cube
          yes you can....hit E again
          No you can't, you can't forcefully close your parachute once open, you have wait till you land or fly in to a building, wall, or cliff face to close your parachute, but then you usually get hurt or die.

Comment

yeah hit e and you will fall lol

Comment

lol, i didn't know that either

Comment

never been able to do that on long parachutes. had this happen sometimes on accident dropping off a roof though from spamming my chute.

Comment

You can not manually close a parachute once it's open.

Comment

Why would you want to close a shute?? Assuming the damn thing even opens in the first place, cant tell you how many times I died coz the damn thing didnt open :cry: so I just take the stairs

Comment

sometimes, for instance, i find myself parachuting from a chopper thats in the red and simply already depleting its health. So i jump out, sometimes over an enemy base, and parachute immedeately on accident. so.... enemies see me and *&$&% me up as soon as i land. So it would be an advantage to get rid of that aweful chute in some instances.

PS : thanks for clarifying that you cannot let go once its deployed

Comment

Those people who have posted that you cannot close your parachute after opening it in mid flight are wrong. I have accidentally closed it countless times by jumping off of a roof, hitting 9 furiously to open the chute, only to find that the game registered my multiple imputs of the 9 key and processed it as though I wanted to open the chute and then close it (which was not my intention, thus resulting in me falling to my death. I haven't found the best way to open your chute the fastest from low elevations, for if jumping off a height such as the TV Station on Sharqui Peninsula, if you press 9 multiple times rapidly to deploy your chute, sometimes the chute will open about 100 feet off the ground, then register the pressing of the 9 key again and close the chute. So many times this has happened to me. When I try to take my time and hit 9 once right when I jump off of a roof, sometimes it doesn't register and the chute doesn't open (thus my mad key pressing solution).

Anyone have suggestions on the best way to deploy the chute without it closing on you (that is if you have this same problem)?

Comment

Originally posted by hrpuffnstuff02
                          Those people who have posted that you cannot close your parachute after opening it in mid flight are wrong. I have accidentally closed it countless times by jumping off of a roof, hitting 9 furiously to open the chute, only to find that the game registered my multiple imputs of the 9 key and processed it as though I wanted to open the chute and then close it (which was not my intention, thus resulting in me falling to my death. I haven't found the best way to open your chute the fastest from low elevations, for if jumping off a height such as the TV Station on Sharqui Peninsula, if you press 9 multiple times rapidly to deploy your chute, sometimes the chute will open about 100 feet off the ground, then register the pressing of the 9 key again and close the chute. So many times this has happened to me. When I try to take my time and hit 9 once right when I jump off of a roof, sometimes it doesn't register and the chute doesn't open (thus my mad key pressing solution).

Anyone have suggestions on the best way to deploy the chute without it closing on you (that is if you have this same problem)?

this happens when you jump off a building and youre too close to the wall to open your parachute. it may open but as soon as you hit the wall it releases and you fall. it has nothing to do with being able to close your chute. this also explains why people have problems opening their parachute because they are too close to a wall. i also press 9 (f for me) to open the chute lots of times after i bail or jump off a building, the reason people do this is cos you can open your chute the second you jump off, you have to wait till the gun disappears then you can open it.

Comment

hmm interesting

Comment

I will try it out today.

Comment

Working...
                              X