War College Ribbon...Finally got it today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: War College Ribbon...Finally got it today

you guys are way too obsessed with stats, this is whats destroying bf2.. everyone takes it way too seriously and trys too hard to get some random rank or weapon. I think this game would be much more enjoyable to play if EA never put in stats, people would play much more friendly and you wouldnt get people swearing at you because you hopped out of the tank while they where repairing it so they got no points etc.

I mean all these threads about rank.. why do you care about it so much? I find that if I dont care about how well I do I enjoy the game more. And bragging about rank .... I mean come on all you're doing is bragging about how you spent 50 hours playing commander.. why the hell do people take the whole thing so seriously?

Comment

having stats makes you want to play, like youre playing for a reason/goal as well as for fun

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
        ...there will be 1000's of staff sergeants and higher at this rate by christmas :laugh:
        that is annoyingly true.

in the past, it's very rare that there's a staff sergeant or higher in any particular server. but now, if you join a large server, you'll almost always find a staff sergeant there or at least a sergeant (and those sergeants will be staff sergeants by christmas).

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
          Why can't you understand that not everyone is suppose to get every award, it defeats the whole point of them. Did you earn ANY of your awards legitimatly? .... oh i forgot dont blame the player and all that......

the point is, this ribbon isnt rewarding people for their skill level (ie getting a 3:1 win loss ratio) because this award is based entirely on everyone elses skill level....now if you had commander wins and losses and the ratio was based on that, that would reflect your skill....infantry awards in real life reflect that individuals skills, not the skills of the people around you (unless its because you trained them, which you dont do in this game). so like i said before, hate the game, not us!!

Comment

Still there are a lot of people asking the same question that this thread has already been answered so Im moving it back up.

I agree that this ribbon is incredibly tedious to get and not that difficult really. The best way to get the WCR perhaps is to change the requirement from 3:1 win/loss ratio to just plain 200 global commander victories.

May I also add that the most useless class as far as to the commander are snipers. They primarily just sit there trying to plink at foot soldiers without capping any flags. I think this is the kit that needs marked upgrade. At least have a zoomable scope for the sniper unlock. It doesnt have to be one shot one kill. Just one head shot one kill.

Comment

Originally posted by irondentist
              Still there are a lot of people asking the same question that this thread has already been answered so Im moving it back up.

I agree that this ribbon is incredibly tedious to get and not that difficult really. The best way to get the WCR perhaps is to change the requirement from 3:1 win/loss ratio to just plain 200 global commander victories.
              Why are people so retarded? The reason it wasnt difficult for you is because you exploited to get it.

Why would they change the requirement? It is SUPPOSED to be very hard to get! and FYI - a good commander CAN have a bearing on the outcome. so A very good commander CAN legitimately get this ribbon.

oh and btw, thats what this ribbon is for; a very good commander. Not an exploiting ribbon-freak.

Comment

Isn't swapping to the winning team right before the end technically Stat Padding ?

Comment

I want this ribbon so bad, i have my 50 hours but need like 600 wins right now to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by dnoe91
                    Not to sound mean. I just want some info. What makes it so special to get this ribbon?
                    it is THE most difficult ribbon to get...

35 hours as commander and and overall 3-1 win ratio

I will never get it, im sure

Comment

In response to the 'sploiters...

:shakehead

Just play to have fun. If a ribbon or medal comes along, great. It's that much more rewarding of an experience if you weren't expecting it and you actually earn it.

Comment

Working...
                      X