Browser opens in background?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser opens in background?

For some reason recently when I quit out of BF2 I have a firefox window open in the background.

Before I start BF2 I always restart > shutdown AVG + associated processes and shutdown windows update process.

I have zonealarm and dumeter running and that is it apart from BF2.

Anybody else experienced this?

Re: Browser opens in background?

Originally posted by Carlos.T.Jackal
    For some reason recently when I quit out of BF2 I have a firefox window open in the background.

Before I start BF2 I always restart > shutdown AVG + associated processes and shutdown windows update process.

I have zonealarm and dumeter running and that is it apart from BF2.

Anybody else experienced this?
    That seems to me some sort of spyware or something olderly installed and re-activated....
    Zonealarm is ok (i use it too), du-meters (hummm, well, ok) but no anti-spyware, man that's bad. Use microsoft's new one or 'Ad-aware/ Ad-Watch' (i use both).

Comment

Originally posted by FLYWAYchat
      That seems to me some sort of spyware or something olderly installed and re-activated....
      Zonealarm is ok (i use it too), du-meters (hummm, well, ok) but no anti-spyware, man that's bad. Use microsoft's new one or 'Ad-aware/ Ad-Watch' (i use both).
      Thanks for this, I use zonealarm because it does the job is simple to use and has decent application protection. I use DUMeter because again it's simple does the job and I want to know my bandwidth usage because of NTL's cap.

I can gaurantee that I have zero spyware on my system I regularly scan with spybot S&D, adaware, housecall, hijackthis and of course I use the best protection basic commonsense.

IMHO if you leave antispyware running when playing games you're making a mistake.

Also I highly doubt that any spyware is going to have this effect on BF2 which is the only thing effected by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos.T.Jackal
        Thanks for this, I use zonealarm because it does the job is simple to use and has decent application protection. I use DUMeter because again it's simple does the job and I want to know my bandwidth usage because of NTL's cap.

I can gaurantee that I have zero spyware on my system I regularly scan with spybot S&D, adaware, housecall, hijackthis and of course I use the best protection basic commonsense.

IMHO if you leave antispyware running when playing games you're making a mistake.

Also I highly doubt that any spyware is going to have this effect on BF2 which is the only thing effected by this.
        Well, then there's some u can do and try to see what's happening.
        Let that browser be and see it's processes and look for it's source/ properties. If it has any service associated look for it's dependencies...
        Might help.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X