Mouse scroll buttons HARDWIRED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse scroll buttons HARDWIRED!!

I have 7 buttons on my mouse, i can program them all but my scroll forward and backward, they are like stuck on scroll between inventory. GRRRRRR I want to program it.

I also I have another mouse with the "tilt wheel" thing whitch gives you side buttons for the scroll thing. I have yet found a program that uses these buttons or even allows me to program them!!!!!!

Anyone have any ideas, or better yet anyone know anything i can download that will getthem working??

Re: Mouse scroll buttons HARDWIRED!!

I would love to program some of my mouse buttons o.O

Would be cool if like a side button can be used to throw a nade automaticly

Comment

Use search or the "tips and tricks" forum for these kind of answers (dont ask questions in there, just read)

However i am not a jackass like most people that type that so i will also supply the link and quotes as well

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28941 That is a great thread about mouse buttons/binds and if you scroll down to the 8th post (by Dangerdog) then there is the methods to rebind the mousewheel. Its so damn slow to switch by scrolling it was at the top of my "changlist" as well

I shall quote the relevant bit for the truly lazy
      My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 is where your primary controls.con file is located, open it up in notepad.

Down towards the bottom you'll find the default mouse wheel assignments:

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PINextItem -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
      ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIPrevItem IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0

The first one is mousewheel up, second one mousewheel down

Copy the first line show above "ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PINextItem -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0" and paste under the heading at the top of the file labeled ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap as shown below, leave the original line down below the section ControlMap.create defaultPlayerInputControlMap:

ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap

paste it under the line:
      ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_1 10000 0
      ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PINextItem -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0

now change it to read like so:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_1 10000 0
      ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1

We've now assigned the mousewheel up action to select the knife directly, changing the 0 to a 1 at the end tells the game that this is your secondary key/button assignment. You can do the same thing for the mousewheel down action only assign it to the pistol.

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_2 10000 0
      ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIWeaponSelect2 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1

Comment

Did you try options and I think BF2 oly suports 3 mouse buttons.

Comment

You can use as many buttons as you like, If you read his post again you will see he has all the buttons bound it is the mousewheel that is a problem, buy hey i guess spreading around mis-truths and blatent speculation can't do any harm right? :thatsbad:

Its not like you couldnt have spent 10 seconds TRYING to bind a 4th one just to be sure you didnt post a random answer that didnt help anyone and confused the matter even more? *sigh*

Comment

What mouse are you using? I reprogrammed all 10 of mine. If you're using a logitech mouse, you should upgrade to the newest setpoint driver and read this post...

Comment

Hey thanks for the code, worked great!!

Comment

I want to use the mouse scroll wheel to map zoom (default is "N"). I never use the mouse wheel to select weapons.
                I am not sure what I should change in the BF2 profile to accomplish this.
                Any advice?

I have a logitec 518, with a recent set-point driver.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, I got it to work. The map zoom is now set to the mouse wheel zoom. The controls.con file includes:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIMapZoom IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numlock 10000 0
                  ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_GIMapZoom -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1

Comment

Working...
                  X