No announcement yet.

Upgrading Mouse, and to A Mouse Pad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Mouse, and to A Mouse Pad...

Ok, well my Mouse has finally Shat out on me.. I have a Microsoft OPtical Mouse.. You know the White one, and no Mouse Pad.

Now im a Gamer, i play CS, BF2, MMO's, and a few RTS's.. Everyone is going on about the MX518, now i want to get this, and now i have an excuse :P But the thing is, how much actuall improvement will see? Will it even help? And also, do i need a Mouse Pad? Im looking at teh SteelPad GD or somethign like that, which is also recommended.. DO i really need a Mouse Pad since i have never used one with my mouse, will this Mouse Pad also increase my preformance? Even if i do get the MX518. Cheers

Re: Upgrading Mouse, and to A Mouse Pad...

mouse pads are for techno weenies...

Comment

Originally posted by USAR_Uriel
      mouse pads are for techno weenies...
      If you're good you'll be good with any mouse, if you stink you'll stink with any mouse. No mouse or pad is going to give you a significant improvement in gameplay, just practice. It may, and I emphasize may, give an expert a slightly better feel.

Comment

I don't know about the MX518 but my MX510 is the bomb!! It's accurate, has lots of buttons and doesn't cause any problems at all. Best of all... It's corded! Wireless isn't reliable enough.

Comment

518 + func 1030 = :ar15:
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Yeh well my mouse is kind of screwed.. Like it is double clicking if a Click on the Mouse, and other stupid things

Even though its an IntelliMouse, i tihnk its time for a upgrade? MX518... If its good enough and its worth upgrading.. Ill go for it!

Comment

Why not wait until the new Logitech G5 (or even G7) arrive, they should be released fairly soon and seem to have signifcant improvments over previous generations (even more accurate, etc)

Comment

logitech is releasing new mouses soon...but if you need a new mouse, mx-518 or that other razer is good...

mouse pad - i rather use fUnc's new F-series (.10s and .30r) over 1030 now, simply because its bigger, thinner and feels better. I dunno about other brands...

Comment

Ok, posted this way too many times, logitech and razer use same tech, same sensors etc. just different profile. THe Diamondback has leds, so it looks cool, and it's a longer, shorter mouse, the MX518 is quite the opposit, a shorter mouse in length, and taller in height. THose are your best mouses for now, next gen theres the copperhead and teh G5, again, same tech, different profile, i wouldn't get the G7, wireless ain't the greatest for gaming.

Comment

I use the 518 w/ just a standard image mousepad by Allsop. I have a metallic gamers pad by them also but don't use it because I find my cursor jumping all over the place which I've found is from the reflection of the light. I haven't quite figured what I want to use 3 of the buttons for in-game, but buttons 4 and 5 are good for changing sensitivity on the fly, which I generally keep at 1600dpi regardless if I'm gaming or browsing; although the slower speeds come in handy at certain times.

Comment

use the MX310 here, and love it...

but for the love of all things holy, do as Nancy Regan once said

"Just say NO" to mouse pads.. havent used one of them in years...

Comment

It isn't a bad idea as it will help soften the blow when you pick up and set down the mouse. I have an MX1000 Laser mouse, and I love it.

Comment

I've heard from a few guys a play with that they bought the mx-518, and ended up going back to their old razer diamondback. So for about the same price I guess, I would go with that.

Ebay for 40$

Comment

Razer Diamondback or Copperhead (soon).

I love the on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment because it really helps to slow down your sensitivity when sniping or trying to be really accurate.

Comment

Wow that mouse looks soooooooooooooo gay. It's like the Honda Element of mouses.

Comment

Working...
                              X