Recording a LAN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording a LAN...

How can I enable Battlecorder for LAN games, is it just a toggle or do you have to enter console codes? You know how when you go to community and can download all the recorded matches? That's what I want to be able to do, create files for download.

Re: Recording a LAN...

Battlerecorder: The Battlerecorder allows you to play back demos which have been bookmarked from particular servers you've played on which have Battlerecorder enabled, and those which you have saved in your Battlerecorder Library. These demos contain full footage of your gameplay during a particular round. Battlerecorder is an option which must be enabled by servers, and can't be used to record games by clients (i.e. regular players). More details of Battlerecorder functionality can be found here. To record and play back your own custom demos see below:

Creating Demos: To make a custom demo of any length, you must be in Singleplayer mode, or on a server of your own creation (See Local Servers below) - you can't record your own demos on Multiplayer Internet servers. To start recording a demo, use the demo.recorddemo [demoname] command in the Command Console (See the Advanced Tweaking section). When you want to stop the demo, use the demo.stoprecording command in the console. Your demo has now been saved as a [demoname].bf2demo file in your Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos\ directory.

Playing Back Demos: To play back a custom-made demo in Battlerecorder, you must copy your demo into the \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos\ directory (if that directory doesn't exist, create it under the Default profile directory). Then when you go into the Battlerecorder section of BF2, you will find that the demo is listed under the 'Battlerecorder Library' area, and you can simply highlight it and play it from there. Thanks to Ryan Nichols for this tip.

If you want to launch the demos from outside BF2, download my BF2DemoPlayer.zip file (4KB). Once downloaded, extract the contents and place both files in your base BF2 directory (typically \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2) - this is an important step, as the player won't work correctly if run from any other directory. These files are a slightly modified demo.cmd file from EA Games, which you can read more about here, and a custom batch file I've made called BF2DemoPlayer.bat. To play back any demo using these files, first make sure the demo is in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos\ directory. Then run the BFDemoPlayer batch file, follow the instructions given and your demo will be launched in your chosen resolution. You can stop the demo at any point either by opening the in-game console and entering demo.shutdownDemo, or by pressing the Q key and selecting Quit.

Comment

Thanks AllyBOOM; that makes me sad :cry:

Comment

^lol... It sounds worse than it is:

basically:
        - start LAN/single game
        - in console type: demo.recorddemo[*] where *=name of the file you want to create
        - to stop recording type: demo.stoprecording

then follow the instructions about moving the files and watch it in battlerecorder!

Comment

You would figure they would have made the battle recorder more logical. As in, record your multiplayer games, since that's where most of the people that play bf2 play. I'd say that's something that needs redone in a future patch, but I seriously doubt they will change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokus Pokus
            You would figure they would have made the battle recorder more logical. As in, record your multiplayer games, since that's where most of the people that play bf2 play. I'd say that's something that needs redone in a future patch, but I seriously doubt they will change it.
            Yeah, I wish I could record every game I play, on all servers. Saved locally. I figure it has something to do with the way servers handle the clients, and how it keeps tracks of things.

Comment

Man, that worked a treat!!! This combined with Fraps... Look out TOPGUN 2: The Wrath of -=H2Yo=-...

Comment

Working...
              X