Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coder For CodeName Eagle Mod Question

Hi,
    I am a coder for the CE remake mod. We have a pretty advanced mod which includes quite a few new vehicles, newer models and a working ctf mode.

But I noticed that when we are testing the mod if you try to load a second map it CTD.

I also notice that a brand new mod dir made properly with the BF editor does the same thing. So its not really our mod files.

I reinstalled BF2 and dont have the same problem with native BF2.

So whats up anyone know why normal mods crash on the second map?

Thanks Ahead of Time,

SuperB

Re: Coder For CodeName Eagle Mod Question

Need a bit more information than that but trying running BF2_r.exe located in the same folder as BF2.exe and that should give you some errors which would be then easier to understand what is actually going wrong.

Comment

Thanks. This crash is straight to desktop with no logging and occurs that way with bf2_r (i.e. no log files with this crash). It happens when running a blank mod produced with the bf2 editor, or the complex ce mod, and occurs on the second map switch, somewhere on the second map load (straight to desktop).

It does not happen when loading bf2 straight (non mod). And happens on a new bf2 install.

Somebody in another mentioned:

I believe someone mentioned the nameing convention here, they said some con file(s) needed to be edited I believe it was map names need to be lowercase I will try and find the post, and reply again here.
      Ring any bells?

Comment

I thought that naming conventions only applied in a server OS enviroment, i.e. linux requires lower case characters whereas windows couldnt give a monkeys. It may apply to con files as well but I havent noticed it before.

Comment

And the solution to this problem is very instructive !!! See it here....

Comment

Working...
          X