Unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocks

Mods and Admins should sticky this. Since there are way too many things about which unlock, just post what unlock/unlocks you have, and your opinion of them. And no flame wars, just let somebody have their opinion, and then you just state yours. The newbies can look over at this thread, and look all through it, see the various opinions of all the unlocks. I have two accounts, i have the G36C, and the G3.

G36C is a great weapon, IMO a improvement from the other spec ops weapons, very low recoil, very high accuracy, has a little low damage, but it's the same as the M4 and QBZ carbines, great allround weapon.

G3, a great weapon when used right, it doesn't have a nooblauncher for all that might ask. And it only has 20 round clips. BUt it gives more consistancy for if you're playing USMC, you can still use a full auto weapon as a assault rifle. If you wanna unlock this weapon, make sure not to waste too much ammo. It is pretty accurate, by far not the most accurate, but goodenough for me. I would also reccomend this weapon.

Re: Unlocks

you should have more than just those 2 guns for it to be a sticky

i agree with ya like how ya said it about each gun to me those 2 are the top weapons i have the G3 and about to have the G36

Comment

Originally posted by jdogg88-Fed
      you should have more than just those 2 guns for it to be a sticky

i agree with ya like how ya said it about each gun to me those 2 are the top weapons i have the G3 and about to have the G36
      Well, first off, offtopic, i saw you on a 24/7 server on my other account, you were the enemy commander, you killed my like 4 times in the frst 5 minutes:laugh: . And anyways, i need you guys to post some more, so you could post some unlocks that you have, and so on, then it would become a domain for where input of unlocks is put, you just submit a discription and your opinion of the unlock/unlocks you have.

Comment

I agree with the G3 and the G36C, the L85 is a very accurat gun on single shot, Scop which is a +. takes about 1 hr or so to get the hang of it.
        M95, not a good first or second gun. Its a good 3rd unlock gun. Scop is better then the other Basic snipers. doesn 95% dmg all the time unles its a Head Shot. Can shoot through glass. My 2 cents.

Comment

lol sorry bro

yeah if others would post about the unlocks it would really help cause after i get the
          G36 im not sure what i want and it would really help noobs plus when they post asking what unlock ill just give em a link to this thread

Comment

M95 - Isn't too popular with some people but it's much better then the chinese and mec sniper rifles. Less accurate then the M24 but does more damage and can shoot through glass(great fun at an enemy airfield.)

G36c - As already said insanely accurate but fairly low damage. Love it though.

DAO 12 - Great stopping power and insanely better then any of the standard anti tank weapons.

Comment

so many people underestimate the L8A51 and that is the gun i have and the PKM. but with the L8A51 many people think it sucks because of the sight or that it is very inacurate, and still many more think it sucks just because it is a medic gun. but if you take the time to learn how to shoot it than it is beter than the snipers in my opinion. i have taken many enemies from afar down with it because in single shot it dominates and the sight makes it much easier to aim for a body part..... with the PKM it is accurate and VERY strong but you have to shoot in short bursts at long distances. both are very good weapons and they are my recomendations for others.

Comment

L85 is a fantastic weapon, like all the guns it takes a bit of time to get used to but when you do you can snipe with it. very good at mid and long ranges. Will probably get owned by an assault at close distance but this is generally because of no vest, not the gun.

Have the g3 as well but havn't taken the time to get used to it. Don't play assault much so can't really comment on it.

Comment

G36C - Great for your first unlock (it was mine ). Very accurate, not bad damage, easy to own with. Have taken out many a sniper with it (before I unlocked M95)

M95 - This is a love/hate weapon. If you learn how to get headshots at different distances and enjoy a good bolt action rifle, this is an awesome choice. I come from a first-person shooter background (MOHAA:SH, CS:S), and those were all about getting very precise aim. I've taken out lots of blackhawk pilots, jeep drivers, tank gunners, etc., and tons of unlucky infantry . However, if you prefer to be in the fray and blowing stuff up, don't pick this, it would be a wasted unlock.

My next unlock is gonna be the DAO-12, Anti-tank is a fun class

Comment

I'm going to go completely against the general consensus and say I unlocked the M95 first and love it. Once you've read the 20+ posts on 'Is there / isn't there bullet drop' and decided to give up reading all the posts and go try it yourself, you really get into using the beast. True, the M24 is more accurate but I personally prefer the extra stopping power the M95 has and it means you can make some great shots from stupidly long distances.

I'm still deciding if I want the G3 or G36C for my next unlock. I've played around with most of the weapons and so far the G36C is coming out on top. DAO12 is insane for CQB maps like Karkand and I really like the L8A51 for its accuracy.

Comment

bump, need more posts to become sticky

Comment

M95: Great sniper, destroys the PLA and MEC rifles, and can even top the M24 with its body armor penetration and armored galss piercing rounds. Can consistantly hit targets at max FOV(535 meters) but most people dont know that it has bullet drop, therefor call it inaccurate.

Heres are 2 video showing it in effect for all the people who unlocked it and dont know about the bullet drop. First normal speed, sceond the shot has been slowed but same video.

Here is normal speed.
                        http://media.putfile.com/M95-Bullet-Drop

Here is slow motion.
                        http://media.putfile.com/M95-Bullet-Drop-Slow

G36C: Great improvement over the standard spec ops gun. Higest accuracy of any automatic weapon. Single shot is as accurate as an SVD.

After playing on an all unlocked server for quite a bit, i have decided to get the PKM next, followed by the Dao 12 "StreetCleaner" (such and appropriate name). Great firepower, and probably the coolest sounding gun in the game.

I find the Medic to be alittle dissapointing for close range, which is where a medic should be. But its great for long mid range in single shot.

The G3 has almost the exact power of the AK's, but lacks a grenade launcher.

And the jackhammer is just an improvement over the Saiga 12k, but if your good with the pump you shouldnt need full auto. And i find it wastes quite a bit of ammo using the drums, unlike the doa and the pumps.

Comment

Dude you should put their reviews in the main post. Its much easer. And you have to docment it. Then some one should sticky!

Comment

Originally posted by soraflair
                            Dude you should put their reviews in the main post. Its much easer. And you have to docment it. Then some one should sticky!
                            but how do you do that.

Comment

First some general advice about unlocks. (1) I think it makes a lot of sense to take the unlocks for the classes you play most. (2) Asside from the merits of each unlock there is an advantage to being able to use the same weapon whether you play US/MEC/China - you can really learn the capablities of the weapon and adapt your playing style accordingly.

There are three unlocks that are categorically better than stock weapons.

DAO - The best value unlock in the game, far better than the stock sub-machine guns, deadly in CQC. It transforms the AT class into a highly effective assault class. If you want to play with shotguns, this is the way to go.

G36c - Similar to the stock weapons, but distinctly more acurate. Well worth getting if you like playing SpecOps.

Jackhammer - Another nice shotgun. Modest improvement on the MEC shotgun and the pump-actions. Get it if you play engineer a lot, but go for the DAO if you want to play shotgun-assault.

The other unlocks have their good and bad points.

G3 - High damage, low recoil, more deviation that the other assault rifles. It is deadly at close to medium range. Unfortunately it is not very accurate at long range, you lose your noob tube, and you only get 20 rounds in a clip. I play assault a lot and use the G3 exclusively, but I can see why some would prefer to keep their noob tubes.

PKM - More damage than the other support guns, lower rate of fire, maybe a little more accurate. I haven't used it enough to have much of an opinion based on experience, but just looking at the stats it looks like a wash in terms of how much damage it can dish out in a given time.

M95 - Bolt action and 5 shot clip, like the M24, lower acuracy like the MEC and Chinese sniper rifles. Does 95 damage even againt body armour and you can shoot through armoured glass. Looks like a waste of an unlock to me, but some people swear by it.

L85A1 - On the up side it does full auto, has a nice scope, and is relatively quiet. It also does slightly more damage than an M16, but not enough to make a difference under most circumstances. On the downside it is considerably less acurate than the M16 (even in single shot). It is the least acurate of all the assault rifles/carbines in full auto. It also does significantly less damage than the AKs. This gun is a waste of an unlock because it just doesn't suit the medic role.

Comment

Working...
                              X