Graphic settings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic settings ?

I know this really is system dependent, but was wondering what are the typical settings most play at,High, Medium or Low ?

I must be stupid because I never woke up and realized that on Low settings, that underbrush you thought was a good temporary hiding place makes you stick out like a horny dog at a Miss Best Legs competition. It doesn't exist, nor do any shadows or shade and at a distance, even the enemy seems to have a white line drawn around their bodies.

No wonder I sometimes wonder why I'm having a bad game when others are playing on low settings making it so much easier to pick out enemy infantry in particular. I must of been dazzled by the prospect of putting my high end system to the test with all of the effects turned on full or max to see some great graphics when in fact I should be turning them WAY down.

Lose the pretty graphics and gain a visual advantage or not ?

Thoughts ?

Re: Graphic settings ?

I always hear of people turning off lighting(or shadows or something) to make it easier to spot infantry. I think it may give an advantage, but I'd rather have my game look really good than have a tiny advantage.

Comment

IMO, the grass is useless and there needs to be a way to turn it off because it looks so bad on low settings (it disappears 5 feet in front of you) that you might as well not have it on.

Comment

i dont notiuce any visual difference with lighting on medium or high so i put it on medium and it runs better

Comment

Turning lighting to low or off helps alot. you can see people in the corners of buildings & stuff. Especially the building that are half constructed w/multi levels. Turn it on high & it is really dark in between the levels. Turn it low or off & you can see great between the floors. Go to tweakguides.com & look at BF2 to show what each setting does.

Comment

I couldnt imagine running game on low was bad enough when i had to run on medium with old comp so i upgraded and now run on ultra high

Comment

There's minimal and hardly any noticable difference between running Medium and High in most settings.
              Between Low and Medium, there however is great difference, and could easily give advantedges in some settings. Some are better in High though, e.g. Geometry if set to High you will see some vehicle sooner.

High will use a lot more resources, but it does not justify the little increase in IQ in most settings.

Ultra High makes no difference at all, there is no difference between it and High.

TweakGuides.com has a good guide on the different settings and which can easily be set to Medium instead of High, with no or little loss in IQ.

I can run in High in all settings, but choose not to, rather have the more FPS, over little increase in IQ.
              AMD 64 3700+, 2GB OCZ 2-3-2-5, x800xl .

Turning down some of the settings is clearly an advantedge, especially the shadows related settings as it makes it a lot easier to spot ppl.

Comment

I run basic high settings with Dynamic shadows turned off. Not because it would give me an upper hand or whaterver, but because it raises my FPS up about 20-30 on average.

Comment

A friend of mine did actually say that when he plays MOHAA he turns the resolution way down to like below 640x480, and it gives him an aiming boost? Like makes his targets bigger?
                  Nah, whats the point of spending megapennies on your PC to play everything in low res/low detail crapness?

Comment

Originally posted by Crashlander
                    A friend of mine did actually say that when he plays MOHAA he turns the resolution way down to like below 640x480, and it gives him an aiming boost? Like makes his targets bigger?
                    Nah, whats the point of spending megapennies on your PC to play everything in low res/low detail crapness?
                    That's true and I agree with you, I however do not have a mega pc so I play mostly on medium with dynamic lighting & shadows off. Oh and lighting low, because it does help on some city maps.

Comment

I play on low because my pc can't handle even medium. Its strange because ive got quite a good setup.

Abit AN7 nforce2
                      1Gb ddr400
                      256mb XFX 5500
                      AMD Sempron 3000+

Game runs real quick, its just the quality isn't so good.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Your computer isnt quite good though, yes you have 1 gig of RAM, great, but your running semperon, which isn't even the major downfall, but your videocard is. A 5500 will not get you even medium settings at 1024x768 with 2 gigs of RAm and a much betetr processor. Its your videocard and only your videocard. I have one of those in my 1.8ghz, 768 ram computer and theres no way it'll get even some medium on anthing over 800x600.

Also, PCI is WAY out of date. If you want better performance, get a better motherbaord with PCI-E and buy a decent videocard.

Comment

Originally posted by Got Your Back
                          Turning lighting to low or off helps alot. you can see people in the corners of buildings & stuff. Especially the building that are half constructed w/multi levels. Turn it on high & it is really dark in between the levels. Turn it low or off & you can see great between the floors. Go to tweakguides.com & look at BF2 to show what each setting does.
                          But dynamic light make huge difference in the dark buildings!

Comment

why are we reviving threads that are 6 months old?

Comment

I play on low except for view distance (100%), geometry, effects and dynamic lighting, which are on high. Will probably set dynamic lighting and effects to medium to increase performance.

Runs smooth.

Might crank up some more settings but i keep them low just to lower the loading times. Loads in about a minute now and takes about 30 seconds to verify if it needs too.

Specs:

GeForce 6600 128Mb
                              768Mb RAM
                              AMD Athlon 3000+XP CPU
                              17" LCD Monitor (1024x768 Native res)

Might increase ram to 1gb.

Comment

Working...
                              X