VOIP - Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP - Suggestion

In aid of trying to co-ordinate better ground assault, how about having a feature where by Squad leaders are able to talk with eachother, im sure you can see the need for this?
    I think it will help overall game play, hopefully slow the game down a bit and make it more like a real battlefield situation - not so many kills (or deaths) but much better strategy. You could have scout squads.. . and assault squads, strategic sniper squads... etc. all working and communicating on taking one area.
    Wouldn't things work much better if we could clear the area and hold it before we capture?

your thoughts would be good..

Jurgen

Re: VOIP - Suggestion

Who can talk in the game? I don't have a headset yet but from time to time when I'm in a squad I hear a couple of the guys in my squad talking to each other. If I get a headset and join a squad can I talk to my squad mates? Can I talk to the commander?

Thanks

Comment

you can only talk to your squad mates only the SL can talk to the commander

Comment

Currently only squad members can talk to eachother and like C11 says the SL can talk to the commander.
        What i thought is that it might help to allow the SL to talk to other SLs. To help to co-ordinate the team better.
        What i notice during every game is that - people are just running in frantically, constituting to unneccesary deaths. What should happen is that the squads work together to clear the area around the capture point before actually moving in to capture it. or a squad (assault squad perhaps) concentrates on moving in to take the flag while the others hold the surrounding area. Having SL talk to eachother could help with directing the squads. not so much mayhem, ie: more organised.

Comment

I thought holding the V key let you talk to the commander AND all other squad leaders. We should test this out...

Comment

i dont know why you cant speak to everyone on your team!

Apc around back at spawn, no one else knows it!
            I was two feet away from an apc couldnt tell him to turn around, bull...!

If a player is within fifty feet and on your team, voice communication should be enable!

If he is not in your squad you can't talk to him, he is fricken two feet away from me gay, gay, gay!

Comment

Yeah I would like to see another voice key added. One that let you talk to everyone, including enemy, within say 25 meters. You could shout thing's like "Fall back" and it would actually help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                I thought holding the V key let you talk to the commander AND all other squad leaders. We should test this out...
                V is for the squad, B is for the commander.

Different icons will show up. For the Commander, there'll be a star or some kind of icon showing that it's for the commander next to the speaker.

Comment

Yeah, but I always thought that other SL's could hear that aswell.

Comment

I agree, however i think that might clog up the air waves... I think if there is for instance an apc around the corner you should tell your squad, and then it should be left up to the SL to let the other SLs know, and they can tell their teams? - otherwise while in the heat of a battle I would be to confused by what everyone is saying...
                    Lets keep the chain of command guys, I think the army is onto something here?

Comment

True, it could get very loud and confusing.

More voice macros would be nice though. I would like to be able to shout "Fall back" or "Take Cover" once in a while...

Comment

Definitly. anything to save lives... no so much respawning = better gameplay overall.
                        Because its not real life people tend to charge in - hence we should try to slow the gameplay a bit by upping the tactics via better teamwork (entire team) and VOIP would be the best way to do it.

Comment

I have been asking for a vehicle-chat, ie for all the guys in an apc/cobra/blackhawk where guys from several squads could talk together.

And it's (default) B squad and V commander/SL chat. Someone earlier had it backwards. Having a 10-meter radius would also work for this I guess.

Comment

i thnk u should let ppl who rnt in squads to talk to each other

Comment

or if u want better communication, you should make a better communications menu

Comment

Working...
                              X