Game crashes when my map loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes when my map loads

Ok does anyone know of a tutorial that explains exactly (in a simple way)how to start a map and put in a couple of spawn points and a jeep or two and then what to do after that!?

I HAVE READ AND FOLLOWED THE BF2 MODDING CREATING A BASIC TERRAIN ETC ETC.... and abd the end it says just to save all and then load up bf2 and load up your map (my map name appears and i can add it but a picture of my map does'nt show up) BUT my map gets a quater of the way loaded in then crashes game to desktop.

Is there something im missing? i hear about packing it but is'nt that just for when you've finished your map and want to "send it out" to the internet!?

Is there anything you have to put in your main bf2 folder like there is in medal of honour (a entdef pk3)or something like that?

Really frustrating as i can make maps fine but they just won't load!??

Re: Game crashes when my map loads

Run bf2 in windowed mode when you get crashes - it will most of the time display an error message explaining whats wrong.

Comment

load the map onto a dedi server and see it it works in multi player

Comment

this happened to me......u tried to play it in single player yeh? well it crashes if u try............insted gotop multiplayer then lan and use it there.........u wont have any1 to kill but u can try ur map :P

Comment

there are 3 basic videos u can view and one of them has setting up the spawns and spawn objects etc,

you also said u just went from terrain and saved, did go back to level editor and then go down to right hand side and u will see a area which has levels settings in it u will need to sroll down to find the level settings, ok click them, them save all then u will have ur level settings, if u have placed any that is

http://www.bf2mods.net/ and go to downloads and u will see 3 films

Comment

Working...
          X