Increase the brush size past it's limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase the brush size past it's limits

Hi guys, i recently wrote a tutorial to increase the brush size which would dramatically decrease the time to paint terrain. Here is what i posted on other forums.

<!--StartFragment --> Hi guys, i was originally going to post a program ready to do this but i can't seem to get past the DMA. This is a very useful thing to do which will allow you to change your brush size to anything you want it so that you can paint terrain alot faster. I managed to paint the biggest possible terrain in under 5 minutes with the increased brush size which would normally take hours.

Before doing the tutorial you must download the program from this link:

http://files.filefront.com/tsearch_...;/fileinfo.html

1. Extract TSearch.zip into any folder.

2. Run the BF2 Editor, load your map and go in terrain editing mode.

3. Open TSearch click Open Process and click BF2Editor.exe and open.

4. Change your Brush Size value in the terrain painting mode to 100.

5. In TSearch click the magnifying glass without the dots underneath the open process button.

6. For search select Exact Value, for Value type 100 and for type put 1 byte and click ok.

7. It may take a while, wait till it is done and click ok.

8. Go into the BF2 Editor and change the Brush Size to 50.

9. Go into TSearch and click the magnifying glass with the 3 black dots underneath it.

10. For search put Exact Value, for Value put 50 and for type put 1 byte and click ok.

11. It should now show one to 10 values.

12. Go in the BF2 Editor and change the Brush Size to 100.

13. Click the magnifying glass with the 3 black dots under it again. And for value put 100.

14. It should now show one item with the value of 100.

15. Select the item and click the little green cross above it. It should now show in the item list to the right.

16. Double click where it says the value 100 and change it to 200.

17. Go back in the BF2 Editor and try painting a texture on the terrain. It should now be twice as big as the value of 100. The value you changed it to won't show in the editor but if you paint it will work.

18. You will have to go through this process every time you load the BF2 Editor because of DMA.

If you have any comments or questions please let me know. I hope this helps you.

Re: Increase the brush size past it's limits

Already been done mate:

With a better and less confusing program aswell

Comment

Working...
    X