Engineer Mine Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineer Mine Tip

I dont think that many people know about this...
    As an engineer if your in an enemy base, then jump on top of an unused vehicle (eg Jeep/ Tank), and drop a mine on top of the vehicle. The advantage of this is the next spawning enemy who jumps in will not be able to see the mine lying in front of the wheel, as soon as the vehicle he (and all passengers) are dead.
    Also you can leave the area, unlike spec op who needs to keep an eye on the vehicle with the planted c4 on...

Re: Engineer Mine Tip

thats nice an all but what if a team mate jumps into it as you leave it remember red skulls means health power up to some ppl

Comment

^true

Comment

Thats a nice tactic, In bf1942 i did something similat except I ran up to a tank with an enemy in it, and then placed a mine. Usually they'd not notice the mine placing.

SOme times its hard to notice the red skull when you're alone by an enemy flag.
        (happened to me twice)

Comment

very intresting but if could give you some tk pts.

Comment

Yeah, sadly the morons won't see it on your team most of the time and then you'll get penalized for their stupidity.

I was playing on a server two nights ago where we put two rows of mines out because the other team was rushing us with their tanks. We must have posted to our team 3 times that the mines where there and yet some idiot hoped in a Humvee and drove right across them plowing the engineer laying the mines into them. The teammate got 2 TKs (one of the idiot and one for killing himself -the idiot didn't even get that one) and the idiot cleared a path for the advancing tanks to get through.

I would have shot him myself if he wasn't dead already.

Comment

sounds nice in theory but whenever I boobytrap vehicles a teammate will be attracted to it and hop inside resulting in a punish for me.

Comment

Tis a useful tactic, but carries the TK problems as many have said.

Anyone else feel that they need to fix the mines in this game. On many occasions a vehicle has ridden directly over my mine and not blown up. I have a video of a Humvee driving over a mine with both his front and rear wheel en route to mowing me down..yet no boom.

They should made mines have a greater proximity like they did in bf1942, as it stands now, engi seems pretty useless sans when you are a vehicle goer.

^another suggestion would be the ability to drop more mines, 5 max mines is enough to cover only a limited area with they way the proximity works. (and Im aware of how mines work in RL, the game needs a balance though).

Comment

I agree that engineers are pretty useless in BF2. Engineer was my favorite class in BF1942, but I hardly ever play it in BF2...

Comment

Agreed, they've taken the fun out of it. Repair points are hard to come by as well.

Comment

just hope theres no team n00bys

Comment

I knew this but I dont do it in that fashion.

If there is a tank I throw one on the front like c4, sometimes it blows up instantly and sometimes it falls off.

Another good trick if a tank or apc is stationary at a flag or etc just run up and throw a mine or two under it or in the wheels/tracks. As soon as it moves its dead meat.

Comment

I have known about that for a long time. The problem is that the skull icon doesnt show if it is a mine (which most people would not expect an AT mine to be on TOP or in a vehicle), C4 or claymore. So people would still probably get in them & drive off. The thing about the AT mine on the vehicle is that it stays there, the minute the vehicle rolls forward or backward, it blows. I love doing that to armor when they come in to cap a flag or stop near me. I stalk my victim then run up behind them & jump & throw it up there. Kinda takes practice cause if you throw it too high it will bounce around & sometimes roll off it. I like putting them in the jeep front seats. I tried it on a heli, but it dont work. If they ever get the icons to where people can determine what the explosive is, I will be doing some booby-trapping with them babies!

Comment

Oh, it DOES work on helicopters.... If you can get the mine up on top a BH, as soon as they lift off it will detonate.. Same goes for the attack choppers... It just has to be on top of some part of the helicopter...

Comment

I have never chucked a mine on top of a tank with enemy inside it; normally I run up behind it and dump a mine behind its track, but thats dangerous in case the guy runs you over first. Throwing a mine onto a moving tank..could work.

Comment

Working...
                              X