Load time question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load time question.

I was wondering if it was normal to have a very long load time for starting a new map..

Mine will load the details and then sit at the verify client prompt for 5 minuets then I can play.

Its annoying because I has sit there waiting for it to finish and the match will be over and It will load the next map with out being able to play the first one..

I'm thinking its may be because I only have 512m of ram and the page file is getting in to the virtual memory and slowing it the hell down...

XPpro SP2
    Athlon XP 2400 @ 2000mhz
    512 OCZ pc3200
    9800 Pro

Re: Load time question.

The reason is the 512MB. I had 1G and went to 2GB. The difference is incredible. The fist map takes a little while, because nothing has been loaded yet in memory, but all other maps (after first one) will load very quickly.

BIC

Comment

I have 1gb ram, and I have this issue... :/

Comment

Yes it is becuase you have only 512Mb of ram, get at least 512MB more. Even the with 1Gb its not that fast.

Comment

I load in about 10 seconds

Comment

i have 1gb ram, and im always first to load.

Comment

with what specs?

Comment

Update.

I cleaned out my computer real good, put my HD and CDROM on differnt IDE channels and cleaned 5 pounds of dust out of the case. I cleaned my ram and reseated it.

To my surprise it runs 100X's better, loads faster and the Verify client only takes 10-15 seconds as compaired to 5-10 minuets before.

Also the game runs faster and other programs run smoother now also..

I guess a little PM goes along way.

Comment

same problem, load fast but verifying takes a while, guess all we can do is add more ram

Comment

I have a very short loading time which is very cool when I want to be in a tank I'm always first. Or even aplying for commander, then I'm the commander while someone with a higher rank is to late to apply

Comment

It is because of your RAM. Nothing else will effect verifying time as significantly as RAM. Though 512-1024 (1gb) of RAM will work with the game, it was really made for 2gb. If you have 2gb or more, you will be the first one in the game about 95% of the time.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by skunk-dogz
                        i have 1gb ram, and im always first to load.
                        Well DUH, your computer must've cost $3,000

Comment

What are you talking about? You can get 1gb of ram for under a hundred dollars. I ran dual Corsair 512's, and they cost me $40 each (new, from newegg).

~Salad

Comment

its nice to have family workin at a electronic store where i get 50% off everything

Comment

as others said the ram will be slowing you down but even w/ 1gig you will still be slow. mostly its based on your connection to pb and your hdd speeds. ram only plays a part when its very low.

Comment

Working...
                              X