Audigy 2 Value Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2 Value Owners

Hey, does anyone have an Audigy 2 Value as im thinking of buying one. I only use onboard sound at the moment but have logiteh X530.

Will the sound card increase performance by much? Also many people are having problems with Audigy 2 and crashing, are any of you?

Re: Audigy 2 Value Owners

I've got the Audigy 2 ZS with a set of Zalman 5.1 Surround headphones. Card works great for me, no problems with hangs or anything like that. Not sure EAX is all it could be but you still get some nice effects when you open fire in a building or enclosed area.

If you've got a 5.1 or 7.1 setup (I'd recommend the Zalman headphones if you want a cheap alternative) then you'll love the card. Its great to be able to hear which direction the incoming fire is from.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal_Mav
      Hey, does anyone have an Audigy 2 Value as im thinking of buying one. I only use onboard sound at the moment but have logiteh X530.

Will the sound card increase performance by much? Also many people are having problems with Audigy 2 and crashing, are any of you?
      I bought one about a month ago and I didn't notice any performance increase at all. I used to run on the AC'97 onboard audio of my P4P800 mobo so I thought there would be at least some increase but nope, but you do get EAX support which is nice.

Comment

yes - any sound card will give you, in most cases , about 10+ extra fps, based upon your current cpu and ram

Comment

Working...
        X