Binoculars?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binoculars?????

I've read that certain classes have binoculars. If so where? I've looked over all the keys in the layout and see no refrence to binoculars. I remember in BF1942, everyone had them and they came in handy. I even see them in some screen shots of BF2 (a special Ops using a pair on a roof top.) Now this may have been in the beta and dropped in th retail version. but if so why? Does not it seem to be a usful item. If I'm overlooking this item some where, please, someone point it out to me. Thanks for any response.

Re: Binoculars?????

Where are the damn subs??

The binos were taken out, they were supposed to be used for targeting for bombers.

Comment

they aint in the game, were cut. just do a search guv.

Comment

God damn it.

Comment

I don't even think the beta had binoculars, the beta had laser targer designators, but apparently they were scrapped because they were too complicated. I think a mini-mod was released that re-included them, because Dice left all the code in the game or something.

There have been many situations in BF2 where I wish I had some binoculars. They seem like such an easy and simple thing to include in the game, especially for the Sniper and Spec Ops class, they'd be extremely useful. It's annoying to think why Dice didn't include them, it really makes no sense. How hard would it have been? They were in BF1942 and BFV, it seems like such a step back, especially for the sniper class, they are very useful for scanning areas for enemies. I'd love to have them for Special Ops too, to find targets, people and anything at distances.

Comment

you might have seen the old movies with bf2...in these trailers they use a laser pointer...but ea choose to drop it..so there are no kind of binoculars in the game..

Comment

laser targer designators were left in the finished game and can sometimes appear on spec. op. players even though they can not be used. It's rare but I have screen shots.

Comment

I'm still getting a feeling for this board. Sorry for the redundent question. After I posted the board showed me all the simular quetions that had been posted. Should have pulled the question then but had to get back to work. Still, I feel that there is a definate use for binocs even if it were limited. Just my two cents.

Comment

yeh they werent bino's they were laser designo's but i think snipers should at least get bino's

Comment

What happened to the rockets on the transport helos. They even put a screenshot of it on the freakin box.

Comment

the binoculars were prob taken out cuz they were umm....useless...and they were meant for snipers...and they already had "binoculars" aka their scopes

Comment

i wont bino's

Comment

Worst Idea Ever.

Comment

Yay. Binoculars. Sniper rifle scopes that you can't shoot from.

And I don't think you even need laser designators. Bombers can find their targets fine. Big square on hud. Yea....

Comment

atleast get a pair of binos that all it does is spot people like with the spot button.

Comment

Working...
                              X