i need help with bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help with bf2

ok this is what happens, i will go turn on my comp start bf2 and pick a server. it will load up and then i will join the game. Everytime (except once and i dont know why) after a minute of playing it will kick me and it says "kicked via punkbuster for 0 minuts (to many session restarts (4). and that doesnt make any sense because i only tried to get in once. Now i have updated pb. So can some1 help i would really appreciate it thx.

Re: i need help with bf2

Did you run PB from the pb.exe and get a doss window to show it had downloaded the needed files?

How to .... in stickys ..... link http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18709

Comment

im not sure so what should i do?

Comment

Download PBWEB.EXE and put it in this directory and run it:
        c:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 \pb

Comment

ok i did that now what?

Comment

load the game in but "not" from "playnow" icon use the other desktop "Battlefield2" icon and load "multiplayer"

Comment

ok i did that but got the same message do u think i need a patch or somthin?

Comment

Originally posted by fighterpilotx
                ok i did that but got the same message do u think i need a patch or somthin?
                Ok read and do the link above in my thread to you word for word or you will end up with "file conflicts"
                It's best to get it right all at the same time then if you have done the above we know it's something else.
                Also in your next thread here can you plz put up all your rig / sys pc specs tar!
                I'm of to bed now, someone else may pick up where i left off after you have done the above m8.

Sharky

Comment

ok i read the above and i dont thin k iahve done all of the stuff when installing like rebooting after installation or stuff like that. Do u think i should completely uninstall then reinstall?

Comment

If you haven't done that, it's probably a good idea.

Lots of people here find that to be the only solution.

Go HERE if you want the 100% manual uninstall method.

Comment

ok i am trying to uninstall the 100% manul way but i am trying to delete the bf2 file in the c drive eagames but it wont let me it says "access is denied make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use" so what should i do to get ridof the file

Comment

Go to Task Manager (Control+Alt+Delete) and go to the Processes tab.

'End Process' for anything listed there that isn't 'SYSTEM' or 'NETWORK SERVICE'

Comment

ok i have completely uninstalled it. so now do i just install it? and do i have to install pb again? or any patches stuff like that?

Comment

Simply re-install BF2, then apply the 1.02 patch.

Then, if you don't trust pb (and I don't) download pbweb.exe and run it from the pb subdirectory to ensure PB is up-to-date.

Comment

ok i got it to work thx alot!

Comment

Working...
                              X