Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Happens when i try to connect

This has never happened b4.

I tried to connect to a server, it gives me the loading tab, but goes back to updating servers. Wont even go to loading level screen. Single player works fine.

advice?

Re: Nothing Happens when i try to connect

what are all your sys / rig / pc specs plz?
    Did you follow the how to all the way through............. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18709

Comment

I really dont understand why u need my specs, when ive been able to play plenty of times before, and im not reinstalling this game.
      i didnt touch anything, it shouldnt be doing this to me.

amd 94 3000+
      corsair 1gb valueselect
      msi k8n neo2
      leadtek geforce 6600 GT

Comment

So do you or do you not want help?
        If you do, as I said above, do what is in the link and we can go from there m8.

Comment

Ok I feel better knowing someone else has this problem. I played BF2 thursdaynight no problems/ Logged in to play last night Friday night and got the same problem you described. Hit connect goes to joining then back to updating server list.

Now I though ok I will just reinstall it over the top. Will not do it. I sia dok I will just uninstall it and reinstall from scratch. Game will not uninstall from the add/remove programs menu.

Ok I thought I will got start/ea/bf2/uninstall

will not uninstall from that point either. Only way I can get the game out of my system is to right click on the folder and delete it. Did that put the disc in. It asked me for my language. I select it. Says setup is prepairing for installaton...goes back to desktop then nothing.

I have checked the disc there is not one single scratch on it. I pre ordered bf2 and have had it since release and never had a single problem. Did not change anything in the one day it went from working fine to nothing.

I also have run two othewr dvds in the drive to make sure it wasn't a drive issue. I can play single player all day long. I have run other multi player games its not in my connection. They all worked fine.

One guys asked about sytem.
          Mine is a
          P4 3.8 ghz
          2GB Memory
          74gb wd raptor
          6800 ultra video card
          abit mobo

Comment

Ok I kept reading and found this...read it to the last post and it fixed my problem.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14612

Comment

thank u so much dude!!

Comment

Working...
              X