amd vs intel at bottlencking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amd vs intel at bottlencking

does anyone know how intels handle high end graphics cards such as the 7800gt/gtx

do they bottleneck more or less that amd?

has anyone got any kind of link that shows this

Re: amd vs intel at bottlencking

it depends what speed/type/cores you are looking at. what 2 are you comparing. In general I would just say that for gaming, AMD is faster and is cheaper.

Comment

Simple:

Gaming - AMD
      Everything Else - Intel

I use Intel personally.

Comment

i just found a 3.6ghz p4
        2mb l2 cache
        800mhz fsb

for £180

cheaper than a 3800+
        doesnt look so bad in benchmarks

just the usual price lol higher than a 4000+

Comment

REAL GAMING CHALLENGE: Intel vs. AMD

Guess who wins pretty handidly?

Comment

Originally posted by ODD-BALL
            it depends what speed/type/cores you are looking at. what 2 are you comparing. In general I would just say that for gaming, AMD is faster and is cheaper.
            I agree again with you m8.

IMHO for now tech ways. I would go with AMD

Comment

Originally posted by jbean7457
              REAL GAMING CHALLENGE: Intel vs. AMD

Guess who wins pretty handidly?
              yes, that proves it for games, especially bf2, AMD is the best, intel only beat amd by 2% in the fear demo, and in every other game amd beat intel by at least 10%. easy choice, go with amd, its cheaper and is better. its a hidden secret since most ppl think more ghz is better, and they go with intel, but if they just looked on the internet for benchmarks, they would find that AMD is a much better way to go.

Comment

Plz don't forget all it's two different things "benchmark" and "real world use" for CPU's
                I live in the gaming world so i use real world testing not benchmark burn your cpu to a crisp intel.

Comment

Whilst I agree with the above posters that AMD is the right choice, I would disagree they are cheap! - depends which chip you go for, obviously. Because their X2 dual core chips are so ahead of the game, AMD is now charging a big premium for them. I have an 4800+ X2 in my system, but thats cos i'm flash

Yeah, i'd go for a 4000+ or similar which is better value and will perform as well as the dual cores for this application anyhow, as BF2 doesn't take advantage of multiple CPU's in one system.

Comment

i have 2 machines running a AMD and i biult a machine for some one the same specs as mine just with a P4 3.8ghz and mine scores 200 more than it does in 3dmark05 and 20fps more in BF2. Id stick to AMD for gaming but the HT technology in the P4's is great for multi-tasking!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X