Jackhammer, worth it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackhammer, worth it ?

I've used the jackhammer in SP as a test before my next unlock and am very impressed with it's stopping power and ability to pump out the shotgun shells at close range.

I play engineer a lot now and was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has or uses one in preference to the default shotties ?

I think I've only ever seen one person use it online as everybody else just seems to go with the default shotties.

Re: Jackhammer, worth it ?

haha, you'd run outta ammo pretty fast if you went beserk, but i got the DAO and thats fun as hell, long reload though

Comment

I use it and I love it, I play Engineer only and I think it's a much better weapon than the default shotguns. What most people fail to realise is that the Engineer isn't an assault class and there unlock shouldn't be able to mow down rows of people at a time... but for times when you're caught out of a vehicle or you're trailing behind with a squad it's godly at putting 1/2 people down.

Jackhammer fires all 7 shells in the time it takes to pump the normal shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneX
        haha, you'd run outta ammo pretty fast if you went beserk, but i got the DAO and thats fun as hell, long reload though
        Yes, you would have to be very sure you didn't stay on the mouse button too long with an automatic shotgun, but it seem to load quicker with a cylindrical magazine rather than the DAO-12 which you have to insert each shell.

It's very easy to use seven shots up.

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan
          Yes, you would have to be very sure you didn't stay on the mouse button too long with an automatic shotgun, but it seem to load quicker with a cylindrical magazine rather than the DAO-12 which you have to insert each shell.

It's very easy to use seven shots up.
          indeed, good point

Comment

i unlockjed it bt i never play engineer so it was a waste but its better than the normal shotgun

Comment

My mate uses it and loves it..... i've picked one up once (a kit) and i liked it, but i have a lot of points to go to unlock again....

Comment

I've used it a bit (mate who likes to play engineer has it). If you want to play shotgun-assault then AT/DAO is a much better combination. But, seeing as you play engineer a lot anyway, I think it would be well worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by DimeBagWhore
                  I've used it a bit (mate who like to play engineer has it). If you want to play shotgun-assault then AT/DAO is a much better combination. But, seeing as you play engineer a lot anyway, I think it would be well worthwhile.
                  Well I guess I'll get it. It would at least be better than the USMC and Chinese pump actions as a choice. The MEC Saiga is already a very good shotgun, fast, good sized clip and hits hard at close quarters.

Comment

It was my first unlock, I love it, if you like the MEC shotty, you will love the Jackhammer.

Comment

But the dao comes with the Eryx lol
                      I've never used a Jack, so I'll shut up now
                      I REALLY WANT to find one though

Comment

Originally posted by Grapeapplesnapple
                        But the dao comes with the Eryx lol
                        I've never used a Jack, so I'll shut up now
                        I REALLY WANT to find one though

I try not to play as AT if I can help it. I dunno, the submachine guns don't like me and I seem to get owned while trying to use one all too often, so I'll stick to what I'm comfortable playing as. I'd sooner go Spec Ops if I get killed at a flag point if I had to take out enemy armour as it's a one hit kill being sneaky with C4, whilst it's all too easy to be killed trying to use the ERYX two or more times.

Comment

That's true.. I don't think I've ever blown up a tank with an Eryx, but I've gotten like a billion Kill assists :hmm:

BE PROUD! :salute: The World (game) needs more men like you (good engineers) :rock: on!

Comment

Jackhammer was my first unlock, DA0 was my second, and G3 was my third so far.

It's a great gun if you're in a tight spot like city maps. It fires decent and you usually can take two people down with one clip as long as you keep tabs on whats hitting, sometimes three people. It does reload faster then the DA0-12 but then again I generally take down 3-4 people before I have to reload with the DA0 or reload if I kill someone when no one else is around.

I guess...
                            +Guarenteed one kill if you're aiming at someone close range
                            +Engineer is a swiss army knife, it can do pretty much anything
                            +faster reload then the DA0
                            +you get grenades
                            -When moveing across any distance you have to use your pistol if you want to kill anything
                            -limited to one or two kills before a reload
                            -limited magazines
                            -no body armor

Both the AT and the Engy are worth the unlocks. Depending on what you do more you should pick which fits your playing style.

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan
                              I try not to play as AT if I can help it. I dunno, the submachine guns don't like me and I seem to get owned while trying to use one all too often, so I'll stick to what I'm comfortable playing as. I'd sooner go Spec Ops if I get killed at a flag point if I had to take out enemy armour as it's a one hit kill being sneaky with C4, whilst it's all too easy to be killed trying to use the ERYX two or more times.
                              Taking out enemy armour is a high risk job, but that's why it's best done from a safe distance . I think what a lot of people don't realise is that even with AT's you still need to be sneaky. Ideally the driver should never figure out where you were.

Comment

Working...
                              X