1942 w/ bf2 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 w/ bf2 engine

it would be very cool if someone could redo BF:1942 with the bf2 engine and have it so it is all like bf2 (IE: iron sights.mainly that and many others i cant think of) or basically what i want to see is a mod that makes it so it is like WW2 guns vehicles maps, etc,etc all that good stuff.

Re: 1942 w/ bf2 engine

Battlegroup42 is making a WW2 mod for BF2.

Comment

And Forgotten Hope Too..

Comment

And Frontlines too.

Comment

I think a battle of Midway Level would ROCK! Is anyone making a level purely for dog fighting? ie. Heaps of planes, no AA Guns, no Helos, etc? Oh and the boundries should be increased or removed...

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
            And Frontlines too.
            You think frontlines is better than forgotten hope?!?!

Comment

awesome. if these mod groups are as i have heard than the ww2 mod will be bad-ass.(iit would be even better if the mod could work on multiplayer, like how desert combat did for 1942)

Comment

I would like to see the Desert Combat maps inthe BF2 engine, i loved the DC maps!

Titus

Comment

Well i'm waiting for all these WWII mods also. And i hope that PoE can improve the game on BF2 engine as much as it did on BFV engine. And for futuristic combats there are also many interesting names such as BF:A,Infinity and Shattered Faith

Comment

Why would anyone like to do a mod based on WWII when this is a game based on current military? If someone wants to make a WWII mod then stick with BF1942, i think that someone is wasting time in doing so, unless you mean battlefields based off of WWII, but no WWII equiptment.

Titus

Comment

Originally posted by Titus
                      Why would anyone like to do a mod based on WWII when this is a game based on current military? If someone wants to make a WWII mod then stick with BF1942, i think that someone is wasting time in doing so, unless you mean battlefields based off of WWII, but no WWII equiptment.
                      Thats like saying why would anyone want to make a modern shooter on the bf42 engine and Desert Combat did it.

Comment

titus wtf? that has to be the funniest thing ive heard all night - where do these people come from lol? are you friggin kiddin dood? that has to be the most ignorant comment i've heard in a while... you use the game for the ENGINE as it is far more ADVANCED than bf1942.... geez a blind chimp could figure that out lol...

sorry but that statement was so flame worthy...:cussing:

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
                          titus wtf? that has to be the funniest thing ive heard all night - where do these people come from lol? are you friggin kiddin dood? that has to be the most ignorant comment i've heard in a while... you use the game for the ENGINE as it is far more ADVANCED than bf1942.... geez a blind chimp could figure that out lol...

sorry but that statement was so flame worthy...:cussing:
                          Well iam glad that i could make you laugh but come on!

Titus

Comment

I do not get your point titus, BF42 was so hardcoded that you really couldnt mod much on it other than adding new visual stuff, BF2's engine is so much more open for modding. In other words, the modders can come closer to the gameplay they originally wanted for their BF42 mod.

and that thing about not modding into something else pretty much removes the "mod" from it, as mod is a shortage of modification.

Comment

why bother making half life 2 when theres already a half life? I cant wait for a great wwII addition to battlefield 2

Comment

Working...
                              X