Who has problems with Nvidia ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has problems with Nvidia ?

I have a geforce 6800 GT 256 MB, at the start of every round it is laggy for 15 secs or so. Even after the latest drivers. And while I am playing I sometimes see all kinds of things flashing in my screen, just like when bullets are flying around, exept they aren't. And lines of buildings seem to jump out or someting, but I only see it a fraction of a second ? Anyone encountered stuff like this ?

Re: Who has problems with Nvidia ?

the 15 seconds could be lack of ram. but nvidia, as a rule, do suck.

Comment

Well, the startup lag is usually due to having high settings and 1 GB of RAM.

The lines 'jumping out' could be a heat or driver issue.

What driver version are you running? What are your GPU temps while playing?

Comment

the 6800 has a bf2 hotfix patch .

Comment

Drivers versions I wouldn't know, just the latest from the nvidia site. The temp is between 60-65 degrees.

Comment

Ok, the latest drivers would be 78.01 from nVidia released just a few days ago.

Have you tried decreasing some settings to medium? Specifically dynamic lights and shadows.

Also, try and keep AA around 2X.

See if that helps.

And don't listen to glasseye, nVidia doesn't suck 'as a rule'. Both ATI and nVidia have their problems.

Comment

Oh didn't know there were new drivers from a few days ago, mine are from 2 weeks ago And I'll have another look at the settings. Thx

Comment

i have the same card but its 'GT OC' and dont have any of those problems

Comment

The 'hotfix' being mentioned above was addressed on the drivers that came with the BF2 CD/DVD. So anything newer than those SHOULD be fine. But I like the new drivers, you may as well try them out

If there was some other 'hotfix' I don't know anything about, please let me know somebody

Comment

i have lag problems at the start of a round.
                    most probably due to lack of RAM but I've got used to it now.

New drivers don't usually make much difference but install them anyway!
                    Platinum you shouldn't be getting those other problems you described. I'd do a clean install of the newest drivers if I were you.

Comment

I have two overclocked PCIx 6800 256s using SLI. I did have some really weird screwy display problems, but then I realized they were overheating. I still occasionally get some strange stuff on the menu screens, and for some reason my system crashes when I try to take a screen shot, but other than that, no problems.

Comment

I was running 2 6600gt's in SLI mode. I noticed that at the start of a game it was jittery for a few second like u described.

I then shut off one card and ran in single mode. This has eliminated that problem.

I think you will findthat it will come down to performance, turning down your settings a little and increasing your memory should sort out your problem.

V

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                          the 15 seconds could be lack of ram. but nvidia, as a rule, do suck.
                          And by default, that comment earns you the dishonorable crap talking fanATIc award, way to go fanboy

On Topic: I used to have that problem before I upgraded to 2 gigs or ram.

Comment

I have the 6800 128 meg version (the cheap one) and it's just fine since I have 1.5 gig of memory on board the PC. It is laggy for a couple of seconds at the start of the first round and then after that it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X