Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing current 16 player maps to add variety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing current 16 player maps to add variety?

Sorry guys, I dont know a damn thing about modding or mapping, but I was wondering how easy it would be to modify a current 64 player map to make a new 16 player version of it. For example, I would love to make 2 new versions of the 16 player Strike at Karkand map. Basically its a continuing story of the original 16 player map.

in the original version, the US are pushing into Karkand and the MEC must defend the Hotel, Square and Market. Well in my first mod map, I would like to have it set in the afternoon, the sandstorm is gone, the US. now controls the Market and the MEC are trying to control the Suburb, the Train Accident and the first flag on the otherside of the river (the Gatehouse).

For the next map, I would like to set it up at dusk (kinda like Operation Clean Sweep) and have all the battle take place on the Island, have the US in control of the Gatehouse, while the MEC controls the Cement Factory, Wharehouse and Factory.

I would think it would make for interesting gameplay and a chance for people to battle in areas they have previously not fought in. I know you can fight in these areas on a 64 player map, but most of the time the battles take place in the same areas surrounding the front of the city.

So what do you think? How easy would it be to implement this idea?

Re: Changing current 16 player maps to add variety?

you must make it in BF2 Editor

Comment

Re: Changing current 16 player maps to add variety?

I think ur last one would be too kool, and maybe if u removed the vehicles for that one so it was all infintry based

Comment

Working...
      X