What specs do i need for fraps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What specs do i need for fraps?

Whenever i record with fraps my frame-rate takes a severe dive usually down to about 5-8 fps but whenever i see other peoples fraps vids theirs are almost perfectly smooth so whats the secret? Dual Hard-drives? Uber graphics cards?
    64 bit processor?

I've got:
    AMD athlon 3000+ xp (400fsb)
    1Gb ram
    Radeon 9800 pro
    130Gb maxtor hard-drive
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

What needs upgrading? If nothing what can i do to fix this problem?

Re: What specs do i need for fraps?

Drop the resolution down. Anything over 800x600 is a waste since anything above that will make for a huge video. Almost too big. The thing you need is another GB of RAM and a new video card. But even now you should be doing decently.

Make sure all your drivers are the most recent, that always helps performance, and like I said, knock down the settings, and the resolution.

Also be aware that FRAPs limits you to 30FPS when recording. The movie will turn out smooth, but it may look really..."stuttery" ingame.

Comment

Run the game in 640x480 and record in full size or 800x600 and record in half size or experiment.
      Most ppl would just use their normal gaming resolution when recording and this is stressing the system too much, I would imagine.

Comment

Ive tryed all that but its still jumpy and unwatchable guess i need another gig o ram then

Comment

Working...
        X