Points to the winning team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points to the winning team?

Ok, this is the first time I visit this forum, so I apologize if anyone has posted a thread about this earlier.

I was reading a thread at this forum about the war college ribbon and the alleged 3:1 win/loss ratio. I think that this is quite hard to achieve, especially since the squads (if there even are any) rarely follows the orders from the commander. There isn't really a reason for them doing so, except if they want the honor of winning the round. They don't get anyting for winning, which doesn't really help the commander. The only one who gains something for winning is the commander. So I thought that maybe the soldiers of the winning team should receive some kind of bonus as well? Something along the lines of what the commander is getting, but not as much. And maybe this would inspire more teamwork. What do you people think of this?

Re: Points to the winning team?

Hi everyone!

Like the original poster i´m also new to this forum. As he said himself he wasn´t able to find any similar topic regarding this issue. Neither have i and was quite astonished and amazed that this haven´t been discussed or questioned before.

But would like to emphasize that i´m not all shure that i´m right about that though....

Either way i think it´s an exellent idea and something that would really make this game more fun and teamplay oriented! It also would encourage people to actually cooperate with each other and work as an actual team or squad.

Further more i personally think it would solve the all hated tk punish system.... My meaning being that people that have as a sport to punish accidental tks etc wold be discourraged to do so because it would punish the whole team and also themselves in the long run.

So i´m all for a bonus system for the winning team by all means!

Why not give the team the same type of scoring as the commander gets? What about giving all players on the winning team the whole teams average score as an extra bonus on their personal teamscore?

What do you others think about that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Magooo
      Hi everyone!

Like the original poster i´m also new to this forum. As he said himself he wasn´t able to find any similar topic regarding this issue. Neither have i and was quite astonished and amazed that this haven´t been discussed or questioned before.
      Heh.. As u can see from the "similar threads" at the bottom of this page.. this has been discussed before.

Nevertheless i do agree with you about this. The so called "teamwork points" are easy to get by pure selfishness too and the with the point system being as it is, no1 will do anything to fight to win the round as long as they get good scores by just lone-wolfing (excuse me for saying this again and again )

The point system being so miserly, i'd say a 5-8 point bonus for the winning team's players would be in line with the current system.

Or hey.. A wild idea: what if the teams remaining tickets would get distributed to the winning players at the end of the round ?

It's so easy to come up with such ideas, but every new scoring opportunity (like the one above) would also make it easier for stat-padders to keep padding

Comment

I would like to throw in my vote for giving the players on the winning team a bonus. Although, there should be some sort of time requirement for a player being on a winning team. This would prevent people from switching sides if the cards start stacking against them. Also, a player should be given the winning bonus if they spent most of their time on the winning side, but were switched to the other team by autobalance or an admin during the match. There may be other caveats that I'm leaving out, but I think this is something DICE should at least take into consideration for a future patch.

Comment

yep agree. why does the teams performance reflect on you toward a ribbon

Comment

Working...
          X