"Your CD Key is already in Use" problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your CD Key is already in Use" problem

I wonder if anyone can help me here, because im running out of ideas.

Up until Yesterday i could log onto BF2 and play, although the game was running very slow and laggy, i could still log on and play just fine.

Yesterday, in an atempt to solve the lag problems i decided to re-install BF2.
    And instead of just installing it in the same place as i had before, i installed It on my main partition (rather than the sub-part).
    After the install i patched up and logged onto my clans server (1PARA) and was very impresed with the results, smooth playing and a lot quicker load time and had a damn good round.
    When the round ended and the next map loaded, it disconnected me from the server, i thought nothing of this and went to rejoin.... waited a few seconds and a message popped up

"your BF2 CD key is already in use please contact EA support if you fear you think it has been hijacked"

A little worried, i tried again and again, each time getting the message.

I then reinstalled the game back onto the partition it was on originally, patched up and tried again, and got the same message when i tried to join a server.

Since then i've been searching the web trying to find a solution ot this problem but EA only give out new CD keys if your originaly CD key was not working.
    And no one else seems to have this error, and im only posting this on the off chance someone may be able to help.

And before someone asks these questions:
    • I have not given out my CD key at all
    • I do not have any other computers running BF2 connected to the internet
    • This problem Only started once i'd reinstalled the game, so its obvious its nothing to do with someone else being logged onto my CD key.
    So yup, if anyone has any advice........

Thanks in advance!

Re: "Your CD Key is already in Use" problem

This happens sometimes when you are disconnected. Your 'ghost' remains on the server. Your name still shows on the player list for a little bit even after you're gone. While your 'ghost' is on, you'll get that 'CD key in use' error and you cannot connect to any other server while it is happening. Your 'ghost' will time out in a minute or so and all will be back to normal.

Don't worry..it happens sometimes.

Comment

Its been a day since all that happened (maybe i should have said in my post), I gave it overnight incase this was the problem, unless my ghost is sticking around a long time i dont think this is the problem.

Comment

Yikes...I assumed that you tried to log back on immediately and that's when you saw the problem.

I'm willing to bet that your CD wasn't stolen (unless you've been playing with hacks or other 'illegal' apps that are often key stealers in disguise).

Contact EA tech support or GameSpy and they should be able to help.

It might help to delete your profiles and your cache.

Comment

Ill give it a go, thanks

Comment

You should try a manual uninstall of the game. http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...i=&p_topview=1

Comment

I've done a total manual uninstall, and then i reinstalled it again, and the problem is still there.
              Hrmmm ;(

Comment

Question

Why is there a 'CD Key In Use or Has Been Hijacked' error?

Answer

Be aware that if you bought the game pre-owned or from a friend, the serial number may already be registered. In cases like these, you would need to return the game to the place of purchase or request a new serial number.

Otherwise, this error can indicate a conflict within the Windows Registry; this can happen if a patch encounters a conflict during installation. To resolve this, you can update your CD key using the Battlefield 2 Code Utility.

1. Open My Computer.

2. Navigate to the Battlefield 2 game folder (by default this is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2).

3. Open the Support folder.

4. Run the Battlefield 2_code.exe.

5. Enter your serial number in the boxes provided and click Next.

* Disregard the error concerning the image not loading on the left hand side.

This should reinsert your serial number into the registry which should resolve the CD Key error.

Comment

I'd already done what Shamus recomended, but i gave it another go.....

and still no luck.

Thanks for all the advice guys, but this really isnt looking too good ;(

Stupid EA.

Comment

Call EA. So long as you have proof of purchase, they will give you a new key.

Comment

hi i setup bf2 dedicated server 1.0.2 try to join it on our network now says our cd keys are already in use. any help

Comment

Working...
                      X