Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revised points system. Not going to happen, but discuss for kicks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised points system. Not going to happen, but discuss for kicks...

I've been thinking on a new points system that DICE ought to have considered. It varies the points based on the difficulty of the engagement and partially on the intended use of the kit/vehicle. Now, I haven't played the entire idea through, so the examples below are hypothetical and not meant to be 100% correct, balanced and prescriptive.

- Kill Infantry as Infantry = 2 points
    - Kill Infantry as Armor = 1 point
    - Kill Armor/Vehicle as Armor = 2 points
    - Kill Jet/Helicopter as Armor = 4 points
    - Kill Armor as Infantry = 4 points
    - Kill Infantry as Helicopter = 1 point
    - Kill Armor as Helicopter = 4 points
    - Kill Jet/Helicopter as Helicopter = 2 points
    - Kill Infantry as Jet = 1 point
    - Kill Vehicle as Jet = 2 points
    - Kill Jet/Helicopter as Jet = 4 points

I am sure that there are other combinations. Remember, the point is to award more points for higher risk or more difficult kills and award fewer points for low-risk kills, like killing infantry with a tank. We also want to encourage proper use of items, like helicopters taking out armor (instead of spending the entire round dogfighting other helicopters).

I fully expect flames and people running their mouths, but anyone with an intelligent reply shouldn't hesitate to chime in anyway. Thanks!

Re: Revised points system. Not going to happen, but discuss for kicks...

Heck I'd go for that, make people more inclined to play the way they're supposed to. I might even make Amor vs Amor / jet vs jet kills even more valubale to make em leave the infantry alone.

Comment

sounds great. ID GO FOR IT!

Comment

uh how about the Socom 2 ranking system. quality over quantity type system

Comment

DAMMIT, variable, again you suggested something great.

Comment

what about jet as infantry? i do it all the time, camp with SRAW/Eryx

and armor vs heli/jet? what about the AA armor, vs killin with a TOW from the BMP eh?

Comment

Originally posted by watler
              what about jet as infantry? i do it all the time, camp with SRAW/Eryx

and armor vs heli/jet? what about the AA armor, vs killin with a TOW from the BMP eh?
              I'm not going to revise the original post because it's meant to be a high level description, but you're very right.

AA would have to be broken out into it's own category, as would Jeeps. And there are some other scenarios, like infantry vs Jet, that need to be added.

Good catches.

Comment

Oh, add these:

Stinger vs Jet: 20 points
                Stinger vs Helicopter: 10 Points:
                Infantry vs Jet: 100 points (if flying)
                Pistol vs Tank: 1000 points
                Smoke Grenade vs Jet (Flying): 1,000,000,000,000 pts

Comment

In one day in F-15.

"Hey bob, why its so cloudy today?
                  "Dont know, Ill take a look"
                  Opens the hatch and gets a smokey into head.

I predict this would start happening.

Comment

Oh, and Knife vs jet (flying) - 1.0 x 10^32350 points

Comment

Originally posted by teh_pwner_of_noobs
                      Oh, and Knife vs jet (flying) - 1.0 x 10^32350 points
                      and u get the title of "uberl33t haxor here" which gets bestowed upon the one who slays a jet with a knife.

Comment

Nice idea, but quite unfinished. What about infantry killing apc in TOW? One shot. Does it worth 4 points?
                        What about DPV killing chopper? So there are lot of possible combinations not even mentioned here.

Comment

good system.

Comment

I'm all for this... I'm sick of risking life and limb to blow that tank...

Comment

good except for the jet to jet kills - 4 points theres enough kamikazing going on already this'll only add to it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Good basic idea though, more difficult kills should be more rewarded.

Comment

Working...
                              X