Showing BF2 Movies in public...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing BF2 Movies in public...

Just a question, i have compiled a dvd with bf2 videos from the community on it, the ones that were decent that is. Anyways one of my mates wants to play it in his computer store to promote BF2... are there any legal issues here?

Re: Showing BF2 Movies in public...

Yes, you must pay royalties on every sale of BF2 from that store directly to me, PM me for payment details.

Comment

If you got them publicly, then you can show them publicly.

Comment

You should talk to the makers of each video first I'd think as they made it, and as long as they get credited in some way and the video isn't sold it should be alright. I'm no expert though.

Comment

If its not copy righted then i dont think it matters, i would put credits n though

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
            Yes, you must pay royalties on every sale of BF2 from that store directly to me, PM me for payment details.
            mistake
            you give funds to me

Comment

lol... the videos are completely unaltered, all i did was use Ulead DVD Factory to burn about 15 BF2 movies onto DVD, they include....

AmbushMashtuurl
              Assailant
              Battlefield Double Dash Trailer
              BattlefieldInMotion
              bf2_-_move_your_feet
              Chronicles of War
              EoCEnglish
              GSn Movie 2005
              Karkand-640x360-Hi
              OperationCloud
              Strike at Mashtuur City
              Stunts_of_Oman
              The biggest and the best
              THEREALFINALAOOCK
              Ya Rayah

(Not in that order)

And no the dvd isnt being sold, the guy who owns the store just wants to play it on one of the TV's there to show off bf2. Granted we all know that it doesnt depect total online play, but the clips show off the gfx and fun that can be had playing it.

If any of these videos are made by anyone reading the post and you would rather not have your video on the dvd or anything (why i dont know) then pm me and i will make sure not to include it, but i will try and email all the authors at some stage in the next day or so.

Comment

Where can I see the videos you have?

Comment

i downloaded them all from the movies link on this site... http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/?user_category_id=179557

Comment

As long as you're not selling the movies themselves, then no one can do anything, nor is there a need to ask permission.

Comment

As a movie creator myself (Snatch That Base) I think you should make humble efforts to inform them. (for example Keyelite is browsing this forum)

Comment

Originally posted by NoRC
                        i downloaded them all from the movies link on this site... http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/?user_category_id=179557
                        Man, they r called "Public videos", this mean everything.

Cheers.

Comment

I think that you find Copyright is attained by default - the makers of the video are still protected and could take action if they so wished. Its all to do with Intellectual Property Rights.

Comment

I don't really see a problem with showing them. If you were selling them or profiting from them, completely different story. The way I see it is that they should have some sort of credits listed. The makers of the videos get free publicity especially if they are looking to pursue a career in movie making or producing, etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X