Thoughts about Artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about Artillery

Artillery should be harder to reach, cause you cant have a company guarding the arty for the entire round. Repairing it should be much harder, even limited to three times, after which the arty is out for the rest of the round. That way, it'd seem more logical and worthwhile to go out of your way to take out arty, regardless of gettting points for it or not. That aside, there should ALWAYS be a squad resposnible of trying to take out the enemy arty. I see waves after waves of team mates killed by arty, and not one of them is wise enough to go take it out.

Thoughts?

Re: Thoughts about Artillery

I love sneaking round to bases to destroy artillery, UAV and radar, shame no points for doing it at the moment, doesn't matter if it was harder to reach I'd still go for it.

Comment

I love taking out commander assets. But untill they start giving out at least 1 point per item destroyed, you won't have many Spec Ops going after it because it's so hard/slightly dangerous to get to.

Comment

It's a lot harder and a lot more dangerous to go around capping flags with artillery strikes killing your guys every 2 minutes. I really think it's obligatory, regardless of points.

Comment

It is really, me and mate normally take the assets out, one as spec ops the other as support and a medic if one comes along.

Comment

I think the Artillery locations need some Ground Defences, like an AA, and maybe some well place MG's. Atleast that way if you order a Squad to Defend Commander Assests they have some tools to do it with. I don't like the Non-Points factor either, I hope this changes.

T

Comment

well if u think of how powerful artillery can be..it should be easy to destroy and its pretty easy to repair (drop supplies) ...and it also discourages ppl from destroying it cuz u dont get poitns for it

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                well if u think of how powerful artillery can be..it should be easy to destroy and its pretty easy to repair (drop supplies) ...and it also discourages ppl from destroying it cuz u dont get poitns for it

spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakypjc
                  I love sneaking round to bases to destroy artillery, UAV and radar, shame no points for doing it at the moment, doesn't matter if it was harder to reach I'd still go for it.
                  Lust time I snuck in to blow the arty and dish, I got kicked for camping the enemy base

Haven't bothered playing Spec-ops since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Worgasm
                    Lust time I snuck in to blow the arty and dish, I got kicked for camping the enemy base

Haven't bothered playing Spec-ops since then.
                    I don't normally kill anyone unless they come to close or trying to repair arty, then they think you have left the area.

Comment

How about having the arty linked to the enemy base. When you cap the base, he loses his arty.

Comment

Originally posted by shafik
                        How about having the arty linked to the enemy base. When you cap the base, he loses his arty.
                        That would be pretty gay...

Comment

first you say artilery should be harder to reach, then you say it should be harder to repair??? what do you want man??

If you are a commander, stay as engineer in the base, you can spot enemy's with the scan and defend your stuff, and repair them.

Some people have problems with everything in this game

Comment

Working...
                          X